1965 Daytona V8 Air Filter Element Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1965 Daytona V8 Air Filter Element Needed

I googled the "Studebaker Parts Cross-over" and every number listed on the site is obsolete. Is there a readily available air filter element out there that will fit correctly? S.I. lists them but if that is my only venue I will change the housing. No disrespect to S.I. but I want an element that I can get 500 miles from home off the shelf.

JK

It should be noted that the correct 1564132 air filter element for ‘65 - ‘66 V-8 applications lists for only $9.00 each from Studebaker International. If you are concerned about future replacements, then just buy 2 or 3 of them at that affordable price.
    Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 06-06-2018, 10:02 PM.

Comment

If you can find them, the stock V8 air filter for 65/66 V8's is FRAM CA185PL. I know they are on eBay ( https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/29258679...m=292586795529 ) and I have seen them in other auto parts stores, but a while ago now.
      Mark Hayden
      '66 Commander

Comment

Why not just take your old air filter to a parts store and have them, or you, go through until you find one that will work?
        Joe Roberts
        '61 R1 Champ
        '65 Cruiser
        Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
          Why not just take your old air filter to a parts store and have them, or you, go through until you find one that will work?
          That's what I would do first. A cooperative parts man with a book can find all sorts of things. The kid on the phone looking at a computer screen, not so much.
          "In the heart of Arkansas."
          Searcy, Arkansas
          1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
          1952 2R pickup

Comment

Try Fram CA2740. Fine on inner diameter and height, a little smaller on outer diameter, which doesn’t affect anything.

11” O.D. 8-29/64” I.D. 2-3/16” Height
            Last edited by Studebakercenteroforegon; 06-07-2018, 01:21 PM.

Comment

Studebakercenteroforegon,

Thanks for the input. I said that I know I can get the filter from S.I. but want something I can get tomorrow, no matter where I am. That was the reason for the thread. I will go check out the Fram part tomorrow. To the others that didn't think I hadn't already beat the bushes on the internet and the parts houses, really? Don't be so quick to act like someone has no clue on how to find an obsolete part. Thanks to all for the comments, useful of not.

JK

Comment

The Fram "CA2740" fit perfect. One day at Bumper-to-Bumper, no shipping, less than $13.00.

Thanks,

JK

Comment

Originally posted by 3x2stude View Post

Thanks for the input. I said that I know I can get the filter from S.I. but want something I can get tomorrow, no matter where I am. That was the reason for the thread. I will go check out the Fram part tomorrow. To the others that didn't think I hadn't already beat the bushes on the internet and the parts houses, really? Don't be so quick to act like someone has no clue on how to find an obsolete part. Thanks to all for the comments, useful of not.

JK
                  You ask for opinions around here you will get plenty. Speaking of which.....a person could use an after-market filter with a common filter element for travel and pull out the stock one for show. Just saying........
                  "In the heart of Arkansas."
                  Searcy, Arkansas
                  1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                  1952 2R pickup

Comment

FLAPS part no. for a Chevy 283 won't fit in the Studebaker air cleaner housing. Like someone said, at $9 a pop and still in the original Studebaker boxes, I bought several from SI just to have.
                    Bill Pressler
                    Kent, OH
                    (formerly Greenville, PA)
                    Currently owned: 1966 Cruiser, Timberline Turquoise, 26K miles
                    Formerly owned: 1963 Lark Daytona Skytop R1, Ermine White
                    1964 Daytona Hardtop, Strato Blue
                    1966 Daytona Sports Sedan, Niagara Blue Mist
                    All are in Australia now

Comment

I have a couple still in original boxes
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

If you check your filter, before you head out on a trip, why would it need changed, 500 miles from home? Or you could always carry a spare in the trunk.
                        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

52-FAN,

I did not ask for "opinion", just fact. This is where I get frustrated with people telling me what to do rather than answering the question. I would rather pay Bumper-To-Bumper $12.00 and have a filter made in this century in one day with no shipping as apposed to ordering a filter from S.I. for $9.00 plus shipping. If S.I.'s are still in "Studebaker" boxes they are half a century old! Really?

JK

Comment

Working...
                          X