Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come on Station wagon lovers - this shoud be sold! ('60 four door)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe William Tecumseh Sherman could march over there and see it for Lark truck. He knows the city well. Ed

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
      Maybe William Tecumseh Sherman could march over there and see it for Lark truck. He knows the city well. Ed
      NO! We don't need Sherman or anyone like him coming here through again.
      We had enough damage down here during The War of Northern Aggression (that's what my momma always called it).
      Jerry Forrester
      Forrester's Chrome
      Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Okay, I'll weigh in. As long as rust is not an issue in any part of the body, roof, or doors etc... then it is worth buying, of course with what I was taught from my grandfather was to never pay full price, so 5K would be a steal. I am partial to wagons, especially of the Studebaker elk as my first Stude was a 61 wagon.

I want it but I would have to go over it with a fine tooth comb because of the new paint job. Mechanicals are easy.

Len

Comment

Wow! I drove one like this during my junior year in high school. The interior was red, the bench seat was not split and the dash was not padded - but, otherwise, the car looks virtually the same. That little Lark was unexpectedly peppy, and it surprised a number of newer cars at stoplight drag races.

It was great fun at the time - but now, I cringe when I think of how I abused that car.

Comment

Car was sold, beautiful condition! bought it this morning

Comment

Originally posted by 57 clipper View Post
              Nice buy! Welcome to the station wagon club!
              Bill Jackameit
              1964 Challenger Wagonaire
              1964 Daytona Sedan
              Total of 10 Studebakers owned since 1961
              Bill Jackameit's Studebaker Page online since October 1995
              https://billstudepage.homestead.com/files/studpg.htm

sigpic

Comment

Congratulations, I love your car! There's no doubt that you will like it. I have an original, much like it, in my collection. Mine was in a garage for 38 years, and when I was asked to look at it ten years ago, I did it out of a sense of duty. I had no intention of adding a 60 wagon to my collection. That was until I saw the original car, the condition of which was unbelievable.

If your experience has been anything like mine, you are going to find a level of positive response, that you never expected. The ugly duckling of the Studebaker line, has become extremely rare, and much loved by both Studebaker people and non-Studebaker car people alike. "Humphrey" has gained almost a cult status in the PNW. Humphrey's fan base often catches me off guard, when people that I have never met, start talking to me about him, and his unique story. For me saving an original car has turned into one of the most gratifying experience in my fifty years of car ownership. Be prepared for a very special Studebaker experience.

Comment

The MAIN thing, maybe not the ONLY thing, that gets me excited about these cute '59 & '60 Larks is the Fantastic Regal Interior and Exterior Trim!

They did SUCH a great job of dressing these up from the Very Basic and Plain "Deluxe" models, those I have NO interest in, because I know there is Much "Better" out there.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Congrats on your purchase! We were hoping someone in the Atlanta area would have stepped up and offered to inspect the car for my young (ok, 30ish) friend, but zilch! Time and distance were not on our side.
                    Had this car been posted here when it was first put on Craigslist a month ago the outcome may have been in our favor. The seller (the deceased owner's Father) is heading back to Tenn. soon, and we were not able to pull off the inspection/purchase fast enough.
                    Enjoy the ride, and if you ever decide to pass it on, please let us know.
                    JS
                    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Comment

Originally posted by StudeRich View Post
                      The MAIN thing, maybe not the ONLY thing, that gets me excited about these cute '59 & '60 Larks is the Fantastic Regal Interior and Exterior Trim!

They did SUCH a great job of dressing these up from the Very Basic and Plain "Deluxe" models, those I have NO interest in, because I know there is Much "Better" out there.
                      Yes, I know what you mean. I have owned both Deluxe and Regal models of early Larks. They were all V8s. Especially in the interiors, there is a big step up going from the Deluxe to the Regal.
                      Gary L.
                      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Great news! When you guys get it, please make sure you put the info on the '60 Lark registry here on the forum (http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...forum-registry) - and hope you have fun with it - looked like a nice car.
                        Last edited by 62champ; 06-13-2018, 06:03 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X