Thread: Rear body support on '51 coupe.

Rear body support on '51 coupe.

Now for today's impasse. How does one remove a rear body support on '51 coupe? Or put one back in? BTW this is being done in a farm shop.
    1963 Champ "Daisy Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
    1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
    1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case, next project after the Hawk
    1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
    1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Speedster Member
    If it is similar to a 53 Coupe you will need a spot weld cutter if enough of the floor remains to release it from the floor. I suspect it is bolted to the frame.. I thought sure that Classic Enterprises made the support but it appears I am wrong. Here is their website. Good Luck.
    https://www.classicent.com/studebaker/sedans

Speedster Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DougHolverson View Post
    Now for today's impasse. How does one remove a rear body support on '51 coupe? Or put one back in? BTW this is being done in a farm shop.
    Does the farm shop have a dirt floor I grew up on a farm and concrete was at a premium. Spot weld cutters are available at Harbor Freight near you (Lake Manawa). I only live a few miles from Harbor Freight. I've got my 53 separated from the frame if you want to look at it. IMG_1663.jpg Sorry about the orientation, I have to head to bed just respond to this post and we can make arrangements.