Thread: it is over now.

Silver Hawk Member

it is over now.

As of today candbstudebaker is out of the 4000 sq. feet shop and out of the parts business, since getting back from South Bend on May 9th we have been very busy clearing every thing some thing went into storage, things came home to my 5 car garage and other things went to China.
    It has been a good long run since 1987 when I started collecting Studebaker's for parts, that part is over but plan on still being around at as many meets I can make and take trips and deliver something if I should come across things to sell...........over and out..
    Candbstudebakers
    Castro Valley,
    California

Sorry to hear that. It is great that you were able to make parts available to restorers, for as many years as you did. Enjoy your retirement!

President Member
    Congrats Bob, you earned it and thanks for all the assistance over the past few years.
    Enjoy retirement and your lovely Avanti.
    Cheers,
    Bill

Bob: Thanks for all your help in the past, both parts and knowledge. I hope to continue to see you at some of the meets.
    Enjoy your new life!
    Nick

Silver Hawk Member
    Congrats on living through it. There was never any easy money in Studebakers.

jack vines
    PackardV8

Just remember, there are no days off or holidays in retirement................Tuesdays look just like Saturdays and Mondays aren't so bad anymore.
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

The last truck through your shop is a beauty...
    (Gene Stricklands' '37 Coupe Express...)

Speedster Member
    Thanks Bob for the donation in South Bend. Combined with the WRSDC efforts we raised $1437 for the SNM.
    james r pepper

Speedster Member
    Enjoy your retirement and thank you again for the 61 Lark.... she get looks everywhere I take her

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Much to enjoy, Bob; 'have at it. Thanks for getting so much unrusted sheet metal here to Swiss-Cheese land through the years. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

President Member cultural infidel's Avatar
    Thanks for all that you did for the Studebaker community, Bob!
    1960 Lark VIII Regal Wagon

Thanks for all your enjoyable posts and dedication to getting more Studebakers on the road. Hopefully you'll just be 10-10 for awhile.
    Rob

President Member
    Thanks for all you've accomplished for Studebaker Bob. Enjoy your retirement.

Stu Chapman

Blog Entries
    Job well done, Bob. Thanks for all you've given to the community over the years! Don't be a stranger
    Clark in San Diego
    '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

Bob,
    Thanks for all you have done for Studebakerdom. Now, hopefully you will have time to tend to your own Studes, and get out and enjoy them on the road more

A well-deserved rest! Enjoy!!

Craig

Speedster Member

Have a Great Retirement...

Bob,
    Thanks for all of your help...The Carter Bothers have been on the road for almost 10 years...I wouldn't have been able to finish this project without your help.
    Remember...Every night is Friday night and every morning is Saturday morning.
    Enjoy,
    Jim
    Attached Images Attached Images

President Member
    Good for you Bob. And thanks for the things you have done for so many. Looking forward to seeing you when and wherever.

Pat
    Pat Dilling
    Olivehurst, CA
    Custom '53 Starlight aka STU COOL

LS1 Engine Swap Journal: http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/jour...ournalid=33611

President Member
    Decisions like you have make are not easy. You have gone out of your way to find homes for parts and cars. Hopefully you will now have more time for yourself and your projects.

President Member
    Thank you Bob for all your help! Cherish your well deserved freedom from carrying all that weight. Time to kick back and enjoy the hobby. Good seeing you again in South Bend!
    Jim
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Speedster Member
    Bob,

Thanks for all of the help and time you have given to me and others like me. Please stay longer next time you are up this way.

President Member
    It was a great run Bob and you have helped a whole lot of us. THANK YOU. See you in Tacoma
    Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
    '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
    '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive - Running, but not yet driving)

Silver Hawk Member
    Thank you, Bob, for all the time and effort you put into the world of Studebaker. It has always been a pleasure dealing with you. May your "retirement" be golden.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

President Member
    Yes, a good run, Bob! Look forward to BSing with you at upcoming meets.

Commander Member
    Hi Bob, Thanks so much for all you have done for me and the folks down here in New Zealand - so many cars and parts that would not have been here without your efforts. So very much appreciated. No doubt it will not be "the end" - I am sure you will be called on for help and I am sure you will find more Studebaker treasures that will need homes! Enjoy your "retirement" and take care. Best regards, George.

Golden Hawk Member Dick Steinkamp's Avatar
    Bob,
    I know the hobby is not "over" for you...you've just downsized a little. You've got too much Studebaker in your blood to call it quits!

I want to personally thank you for all the cars, parts, help and friendship you provided to me over the years. The hobby for me would have been only a fraction of the great ride it was if it was not for you. You're a good friend. I'm still in the Bay Area often and will continue to pester you to see what you are up to. The last thing I expect to find is a "retired" Bob Peterson. . See you in Tacoma this summer.
    Dick Steinkamp
    Bellingham, WA

Congrats on a happy closing of that chapter of your Studebaker vending saga and best wishes for future endeavors! If you can hold up the rent on a 4k sq ft shop doing Stude parts, you are a better businessman than I!
    Barry'd in Studes

Bob, if you find that you need to add more Studebakers back to your collection, you can park them in my yard free of charge (provided you leave the keys in the ignition).

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.

Thank you Bob for your time and parts you’ve supplied me. You’ve been an absolute gentleman even with the difficulties with running your business and taking care of your wife. My hat’s off to you Mr. Peterson. Enjoy your days!

Commander Member
    Bob--- thanks for the assist with parts, advice, warnings/caveats and Q&A support; it helped me put a Studebaker back on the road , turning it from a NON Driver, to freeway reliable. Glad we are in the same area , so our paths will cross plenty ...Thank You

Commander Member
    Bob, Thanks for all you have done for our hobby. Enjoy your "Retirement", and the Lions sign ! Tom T

Speedster Member
    Bob, I always enjoyed my visits to the shop. Best to you and your future adventures!

-- Scott
    64 Avanti R1 R5529

Bob,

You will be missed for sure but what a legacy you have left for all to enjoy. There are a lot of Studebakers roaming the earth thanks to your dedication and efforts. I might not be alive or the Power Hawk might not exist if it wasn't for your sharp eye that night. And then taking time out late at night while I fixed the hitch. Great memories and my grandson still talks about your shop two year later. See you at the Studebaker events and I look forward to watching your face as you drive my Hawk some day.
    Dan

President Member
    Bob
    Enjoy your retirement! Thanks for helping to keep my '64's on the road. It was great to see you and buy parts at the South Bend meet. Even though some parts went to China you saved many more Studebakers than you'll ever know. Thanks!
    Rob in PA.

Commander Member
    I'm pretty sure half of the parts my Lark needed came from either your shop or your house. The 259 is running pretty well now.

Commander Member
    Sad. I fear the vendor trade is slowing drying up everywhere.