• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to reminisce

Here Today, Gone Tomorrow

Yep. I'm now officially old.

Comment

I remember all but two (business names). I am glad that I lived through and experienced that period of time.
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I won't ever have the opportunities present in that time. However, I do have the ability to make something of the opportunities available here in this time.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
          I won't ever have the opportunities present in that time. However, I do have the ability to make something of the opportunities available here in this time.
          That is a commendable attitude.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

You are young enough that you will see and enjoy stuff that we will NEVER see!

Craig

Comment

Right you are, 50 years from now a hologram of what you saw in your youth will transport you back to it. I fondly remember what was in the video but I wish I could see what you will see as you progress into the future. Great attitude.

Bob

Comment

Jake, you are truly a breath of fresh air! Don't change a thing.
                Bill

Comment

I agree! I enjoy Jake's comments and observations. There have been other young contributors in the past. Some have moved on to other challenges and goals. Best wishes to all of them.

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
                  Jake, you are truly a breath of fresh air! Don't change a thing.
                  Bill
                  "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

i'm so out of touch that I didn't know most of those things were gone . . . . . . .
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

I still have so much of these appliances at home that I might be a little bit old-fashioned. Hey, who said Collyer's case? At least, they still work. That won't be the case for today's appliances in 50 years.
                      Funny they took a picture of Lawrence Olivier in Marathon Man for the dentist!
                      Nice day to all.
                      sigpic

Comment

Working...
                      X