Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: '67 Avanti

President Member Jerry Forrester's Avatar
    Shame on you Matt!
    Dang, that was fun. I wish I could have been with you.
    Better get some gas.
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia
    See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/qP6MR

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
    Shame on you Matt!
    Dang, that was fun. I wish I could have been with you.
    Better get some gas.
    Come on down. We'll burn the tires up while I still own it.

Those reproduction fuel sending units read a little low.

Silver Hawk Member
    [QUOTE=mbstude;1117109]I've decided to name the Avanti. "Impulse".

'Bring a Trailer' has accepted the car for their auction site, and it should be online within the next couple of weeks. It's simply too nice of a car for me to enjoy in the way I want. The interior is too nice to let the dog ride in, the paint is nearly flawless and I worry about chips, there's no way I'm going to use it to run to the grocery store, etc etc.. If I drive and use the car to the extent that I want, its condition is going to go downhill. It simply needs to go to someone that wants a show quality Avanti and can maintain the car at the level that it is. QUOTE]

Great running car, good luck with the sale. Bob
    , ,

Quote Originally Posted by mbstude View Post
    Note; the speed limit in this area is 90 MPH.
    Sorry 'bout this, Matt, but Ol' Smokey Bear caught you on his picture taker, good buddy!:

... And I have three hands.
    One on the camera, one on the wheel, where's the 3rd?:

What's THIS??:

We're gonna hafta have a little road side visit!

Enjoyed the ride, good luck on the sale! (I'm amazed you haven't fixed that tach yet.)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Studedude; 07-05-2018 at 09:45 PM.

Dave Lester

Golden Hawk Member
    Always good to hear from ya, Dave! I thought you'd retired again.. Looks like I've been caught.

I've got a new AutoMeter tach that I hid inside of an Avanti tach housing with a repro dial. Just haven't had time to put it in the car.

Always good to hear from ya, Dave! I thought you'd retired again.. Looks like I've been caught.
    Still at it, on a temporary, occasional, interim, part time basis. (Some of my pics went missing on the original post... I got 'em back up... I'd say you might as well forfeit your bond.)

I've got a new AutoMeter tach that I hid inside of an Avanti tach housing with a repro dial. Just haven't had time to put it in the car.
    It's just un-Matt like for you not to have that taken care of yet.

Dave Lester

Do let us know when it goes live. Always enjoy your write ups. How did you decide on BAT vs eBay and others?
    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
    50 Champion 2 door*
    53 Commander K Auto*
    53 Commander K overdrive*
    55 President Speedster
    62 GT 4Speed*
    63 Avanti R1
    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Golden Hawk Member
    Hey Don. eBay has become inundated with never-ending dealer listings and overpriced parts cars.. I think a lot of buyers are more open to other venues. The last couple of cars I ran on eBay didn’t do nearly as well as I had hoped.

BaT is trying hard to be “exclusive”. They only do auctions on cars that fit within a certain criteria. Condition, rarity, amount of information, photos, etc. and if it doesn’t sell (reserve not met), that’s it. They simply have no interest in running a car twice. Another thing I like; yesterday I was watching the tail end of an auction they had going for a Stude pickup. I noticed that if a bid was placed within the last 2 minutes, the clock would reset to a full 2 minutes. The auction didn’t end until 2 minutes had passed from the last bid.

I submitted paragraphs of info along with almost 100 photos of the car, as well as that video. They compose the ad and do the writing themselves. While I would prefer to write it and lay it out the way I want, they seem to know what they’re doing.

The Studes they have ran on their site in the past have done well ($42K for a ‘63 Daytona R2 last year, and $21K for a ‘59 pickup) so I’m looking forward to seeing what happens with this car. It has all of the “romance” of the original Stude Avanti, with a 300 HP 327 under the hood. That may make it appeal to more than Studebaker guys. We’ll see.
    Last edited by mbstude; 07-06-2018 at 05:58 AM.