An Interesting Documentary Part 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Interesting Documentary Part 1

I was parousing the Internet again (surprise, surprise) when I came across this intriguing piece of work. From what information is available, this was a PBS feature aired in the relative dark-age of 1983, when the Soviet Union was headed for it's final tailspin, the U.S. was booming (or busting, depending how you look at it) under Reaganomics, M*A*S*H ends after a full 11 seasons, and McDonald's introduces the favorite item of every stoned out of their mind college kid and clinically depressed housewife: McNuggets! Anyway, on to the actual program.

Happy viewing!
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Thanks for posting this. I wouldn't label it as a "documentary". In the beginning, he is driving in a 1963 model and talking about it being in 1962, possible in late 1962, but then he shows the assembly line building 1962s. I didn't care to put in more time at that point.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I remember the show and the controversy that followed. Generally panned as one-sided and not historically accurate. I can no longer remember if it was carried by the whole PBS network or was just a locally produced program that was made available by the station in Detroit for broadcast by other individual PBS stations.
      Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
      X