Fenton exhaust headers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fenton exhaust headers

Any info on these? I picked them up recently and I think they are Stude V8, maybe 232.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1460.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	172.3 KB
ID:	1757904Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1461.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	177.9 KB
ID:	1757905
    Larry Y
    North Wales, PA

yep ,,look like 232,, wanna sell them,,pm me

Comment

THose are pretty cool. Does not appear that they would be much of an improvement over stock, but the KOOOOOL factor is off the charts. Awesome find.
      sals54

Comment

they don't look like they fit a Studebaker with end ports on such an angle bolt holes don't line up either.
        Candbstudebakers
        Castro Valley,
        California

Comment

Right you are, about the bolt holes. I was thinking Flat head ford with Siamese center port, but they have a cast in generator mount. I can't think of anybody that made a V6 that long ago. I have several flat head fords, but haven't gone out to look at the bolt configuration on the end ports.
          Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Might be Olds or Caddy?-Jim

Comment

Looks like they would bolt to a Pontiac V8, but most of those exit more toward the rear, not that close to the middle.

Comment

I guess we won’t know for sure until they are placed next to a 232 head.
                Quite a bit of speed equipment was made for the 232 V-8. I particularly remember similar looking cast iron exhaust manifolds made by Belond.

Comment

That's amazing, they look like what the R3 collector Design was copied after!

Of course they have very small Ports for a small displacement engine like a 232.
                  I think Bob may be right, they may not be Stude.

If you have a 259/289 HEAD laying around, you need to try fitting it to the Bolt Holes.
                  A 232 Exh. Manifold will still bolt up to a 259 head, it just won't flow of course.
                  Last edited by StudeRich; 05-23-2018, 11:50 AM.
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

I don't know what heads you guys are looking at, but they seem to look like they would match perfectly with all the Studebaker heads I have at home. Shorter outlets for the early heads, of course, but same pattern fer sher.
                    sals54

Comment

Ill give that a shot
                      Larry Y
                      North Wales, PA

Comment

They look very much like Studebaker bolt patterns. In fact, it looks very much like Studebaker copied Fenton for their Stock 55-64 manifolds. Of course the 232 ports were much smaller. Can someone post a pic of the horrible log manifolds of the stock 232 for comparison. I got rid of my last one I had in stock.
                        Bez Auto Alchemy
                        573-318-8948
                        http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                        X