Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Hawk on CL

Anyone seen this?

I would like to have some of whatever he is smoking.

Not that particular one but I think one could be had for a bit less. cheers jimmijim
    sigpicAnything worth doing deserves your best shot. Do it right the first time. When you're done you will know it. { I'm just the guy who thinks he knows everything, my buddy is the guy who knows everything.} cheers jimmijim*****SDC***** member

Comment

That car at that price has been advertised for years.

Comment

Originally posted by 5brown1 View Post
        That car at that price has been advertised for years.
        Yup. Clearly the owner has no desire to actually sell it.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNewby View Post
          Yup. Clearly the owner has no desire to actually sell it.
          Wife probably told him to sell it. He said "I'll put it on the internet".

Comment

I would like to think the price is a typo, but considering the upwards climb of seemingly every piece of mobile steel made before 1974, this may be believable for those not in the know with Hawks. Perhaps it is just one of the many scams floating about instead.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

To think that I sent a '57 GH to the scrapper years ago that actually was restorable...

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                I would like to think the price is a typo, but considering the upwards climb of seemingly every piece of mobile steel made before 1974, this may be believable for those not in the know with Hawks. Perhaps it is just one of the many scams floating about instead.
                He says in the description:
                "(NOTE: Two Hundred Twenty Five Thousand Dollars NOT Twenty-two Thousand Five Hundred)."

Comment

Sadly, classic vehicle prices will continue to rise as our cars are shipped to
                  other countries and they become more scarce here, though hopefully not to
                  this extent.

Comment

This has been around for a long time, has anyone in the area tried to look at it?
                    Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
                    50 Champion 2 door*
                    53 Commander K Auto*
                    53 Commander K overdrive*
                    55 President Speedster
                    62 GT 4Speed*
                    63 Avanti R1*
                    64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Yeah, I think for THAT price you should at least get the louvers facing the right direction and maybe right side UP!

Click image for larger version

Name:	225,000.00 Louvers.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	1720775
                      Last edited by StudeRich; 05-22-2018, 11:24 PM.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

When I moved to Lexington, KY in 2011 that car was advertised on Craigslist for $250K. Though I got to Louisville fairly often I had no desire to interact with the owner given how far removed from reality the price was. Perhaps Joe Hall or Herb Phillips have seen the car?

Comment

Maybe he is willing to buy my complete running 57 GH project
                          for $75k. Gives him plenty of room to restore another one.

Comment

Working...
                          X