Thread: Dennis Lambert RIP

Commander Member

Dennis Lambert RIP

I was just told that Dennis Lambert passed away this morning. That is all I know at this time. I am sure that there will be more information coming.Rest in peace Dennis.

Sorry to hear this , Dennis was always great to deal with ....RIP Dennis

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Speedster Member
    So sorry to hear of the passing of Dennis as he was a true friend and valuable resource to the Studebaker Club.
    He had helped me with many hard to find Stude parts and always a stop during national meets in "SB"

Rest in peace
    Joe Parsons

Joe Parsons

RIP Dennis.
    Chip
    '63 Cruiser
    '57 Packard wagon
    '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
    '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

President Member
    R.I.P. Dennis. Our thoughts and prayers to Denise and Family.
    J & J Sinclair
    I was STUDEBAKER, when STUDEBAKER wasn't "KOOL".

Rest In Peace Dennis, and thanks for saving all those Studebaker parts for us.

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    What Joe said in Post #6.

Without Dennis' enterprise, the Studebaker hobby would be in the same parts shape as when Chrysler Corporation destroyed so many AMC parts for whatever reason sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, IIRC.

RIP, Dennis. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Silver Hawk Member
    Agree with Joe and Bob. More than any other single person, Dennis was responsible for the huge and unique supply of NOS part that Stude people are blessed with. Dennis was also a good friend to many of us.

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BobPalma View Post
    What Joe said in Post #6.

Without Dennis' enterprise, the Studebaker hobby would be in the same parts shape as when Chrysler Corporation destroyed so many AMC parts for whatever reason sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, IIRC.

RIP, Dennis. BP

Indeed!

Dennis always made himself available and solved any issues quickly. RIP Dennis... You will be missed by many!

Speedster Member Stude Shoo-wop!'s Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BobPalma View Post
    The Studebaker hobby would be in the same parts shape as when Chrysler Corporation destroyed so many AMC parts for whatever reason sometime in the late 80s or early 90s, IIRC.
    From what I've heard, Lee Iaccoca issued the infamous AMC Termination Order out of financial concerns. If shipping tons of NOS AMC parts out to Western landfills under armed guard and destroying the bucks and dies with dynamite is due to financial concerns, then I'm Ronald Reagan!

P.S. At the risk of sounding ingenuine, my condolences for the loss of Mr. Lambert. He seemed like an honorable man and a great asset to Studebaker-dom.
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-19-2018 at 11:50 PM.
    Jake Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - completely finished in driveable condition.

I am deeply sorry to hear this, I have had MANY happy purchases from Dennis and Denise over many years, even before they owned the Business.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

I'm VERY sorry to hear of his passing!

He more than fulfilled his role in the aim of preserving Studebakers and keeping them on the road!!

Craig

President Member
    Rip Dennis, a Good man , Ed

It seems to me that there are a handful of people who rise to the top when we think of those who went the extra mile in preserving Studebakers and their heritage. Dennis is one of those, and since I would leave many stellar names out, I'll refrain from starting a list here.
    But is there a way these individuals could be memorialized, beyond just a brick at the museum (as good as that is and for a great cause)? Perhaps an award named in their honor?
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

His retirement was way too short. RIP
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Dennis Lambert

Remarkable!...as it is when you meet for the first time someone you had imagined as having “larger than life” status before you actually meet them. That was what the name Dennis Lambert signaled to me. It came from years of conversations overheard and engaged in with old time Studebaker members when discussing where to obtain parts needed, where to find parts wanted, and where to buy. It took over thirty years of SDC membership/participation for me to develop that impression of Dennis. Much of those years was before I discovered a personal computer and this forum.

Before that, it was mainly “word of mouth,” at meets, shows, or from Turning Wheels ads. It has now been over 9 years since my only face to face meeting with Dennis. “LARGER THAN LIFE?” Heck no!...not in the normal sense. But...That day I met a hard-working, haggard, very busy, sincere, hands-on, “what can I do for you?” kinda person. Until that day, he had never met me before but took the time to allow this hillbilly stranger (with a southern drawl) haggle with him over a few bucks on the price of a NOS 1948 Champion Radiator. It was closing time, late in a very long day of frantic clamoring, trying to please so many, and being pulled in so many directions. Even though he had keys ready to lock the door, he took the time for me.

Here’s the link to the story http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com/ss_12.asp

REST IN PEACE? YOU BET!...After his career, and then to retire only to engage in battle with a long illness...PEACE TO YOU BROTHER DENNIS.

As long as any of our vehicles exists with parts he saved and supplied...his legacy will live on...now that’s LARGER THAN LIFE.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

So sorry to hear of Dennis’s passing. Rest In Peace brother.
    I will always fondly remember him helping me find a complete green interior for my 1963 Lark Daytona Wagonaire.
    What a job!
    1957 Packard Clipper Country Sedan

"There's nothing stronger than the heart of a volunteer"
    Lt. Col. Jimmy Doolittle
    "I have a great memory for forgetting things" Number 1 son, Lee Chan

President Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skip Lackie View Post
    Agree with Joe and Bob. More than any other single person, Dennis was responsible for the huge and unique supply of NOS part that Stude people are blessed with. Dennis was also a good friend to many of us.
    Dennis Lambert was truly a remarkable Studebaker icon. If you haven't done so already, please read Skip Lackie's post about Dennis in the Studebaker Passings heading. I don't think anyone can write a tribute any better.

I was introduced to Dennis in 1977 soon after acquiring my first Studebaker collector car. I'll never forget Skip Lackie telling me that just being in the presence of Dennis was tantamount to Studebaker occupational therapy. Over the next 32 years there were countless occasions when I tapped Dennis for help, not only personally, but for support for the Studebaker National Museum.

I will miss you Dennis. You left us much too soon. Rest in peace old friend.

Stu Chapman
    Last edited by Stu Chapman; 05-22-2018 at 04:17 PM.

President Member
    Knew Dennis for over 40 years. Never had an issue. Sad that he did not have much of a retirement since his stroke came not long after his was out of the parts business. Photos below taken at the old Standard Surplus facility (bldgs 53/58) before the move across the street to the Engineering Building.

lambert dennis1 captioned.jpglambert dennis2 caption.jpg

- - - Updated - - -
    Last edited by Studebaker Wheel; 05-21-2018 at 07:53 PM.
    Richard Quinn
    Editor emeritus: Antique Studebaker Review

Golden Hawk Member
    Dennis was a good Studebaker guy. I knew him for decades. One occasion comes to mind. At one of the Florida Meets that I drove down to, Dennis came up to me and said; "What are you doing here?" I probably could have said the same thing to him, but didn't. Later, I learned that he was there to talk to Steven Cade about buying a portion of his inventory (Before Steve went out of the Studebaker parts business the first time).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Silver Hawk Member
    That is a real shame. RIP, Dennis. And my condolences to his family and friends.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Sorry to hear of this.

I remember seeing Dennis manning the SASCO booth at a couple IM's. Probably saw him at the old N&A location when I was there on 2 occasions in the late 90s (what year was the last May swap at N&A??). I think I spoke briefly with him with a question once or twice. I do recall getting a email reply from Dennis with some query I had too. Seemed like a real down to earth guy. Condolences to his family. From reading his Obit elsewhere he had a large and loving family.

Jeff in ND

I remember I ordered a rear quarter panel for my Clipper Dennis put the extra effort by checking on shipping by Greyhound which saved me a lot on shipping the kind of service we seldom see now days a true gentle men dedicated to best customer service above and beyond. God Bless you and your family. Car world better place with people like this

Blog Entries
    I met Dennis once, on my trip to South Bend in the early 2000's, at the old SASCO location. It was a memorable visit; he was a very nice guy who treated a newbie Stude owner with grace despite my dumb questions He will be missed.
    Clark in San Diego
    '63 Standard (F2) "Barney"
    http://studeblogger.blogspot.com

I met him when I flew out for the grand opening of the new museum. He sold me a wiper motor and had a few minutes to chat with him before the phone rang or someone else needed him.
    Delightful guy and full of stories! Sad to hear he's gone but grateful I got to meet him.