62 hawk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 62 hawk

Got the rear fender done and everything on the Gt epoxy primed today. Only thing left to do is RT rocker and the hood and the bodywork is done. Hood was done but ended up getting a dent from sitting around. Wonder how that happened? Should be able to start putting the running gear in it starting next week if I get some free time. Want this driveable by the 4th of July if possible. May not be painted but would like to see it move under it's own power.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by swvalcon; 05-17-2018, 01:30 PM.

Wish I had your talent, abilities, patience, and perseverance. I am sure that GT is gonna look as good as anyone else's when you are done. Can't wait to see the finished product!

Comment

Looks good to me.
      Attached Files
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Keep plugging away at it...for me, it took years. I enjoyed the journey. From this... (1988-1994)
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1955 Truck.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	94.6 KB
ID:	1720725

To this...

Name:	48coupe.jpg
Views:	3
Size:	186.0 KB
ID:	1720726
        John Clary
        Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

John Looks very nice. I never cared that much for the 48-51 studes but the older I get the more I'am starting to like them. I think if I ever hit the lotto they would all be in my Studebaker collection.

Comment

Name:	DSC_7125 (1).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	1720727 Your project is well worth the time. This is my 63 GT Hawk that I purchased from the original owner. The car sat in his garage for over 15 years. The extent of rust repair was on every panel. The car is beautiful and runs amazing. I do drive in NYC once in awhile when there is a club meeting later in Staten Island.
            For most of us, we appreciate the time, expense and labor of love to keep these cars alive and in the public eye.
            Thanks for sharing

Comment

Put the Lt rear fender back on today and sealed all the seams so this is the last time it comes off. Paint it and it's done. The coat of epoxy only air dried for 24 hours and I let some sealer sit to long before cleaning up any of the edges and some of it dried to the point I had to use thinner to clean it off. This SPI brand epoxy I use is amazing. I didn't even cut though it at all. No black color on the rag and epoxy still looks good. If you want to see something go on U Tube and put in SPI torture test. If you watch that you will never use another epoxy and the price is right. $70 for two qts sprayable and it comes in Black,White and Gray.

Comment

Nice work,Steve!
                Mono mind in a stereo world

Comment

Thanks Bob. Do you have any parklight lenses for a 62 Gt? Got the rose color mixed up today for the two tone. Going to be Black cherry and rose met. The front half of the roof, Tops of the door and front of the inner by the rear side window to the peak mdlg, hood and from the peak mdlg to the hood of the front fenders will be the rose met. the rest will be the black cherry. The rose I mixed up was a lot of left over slivers I had and some red met. and a little orange Met. off a honda I spotted in about a year ago. Ended up with just over 2 qts of mix so should be enough. Just don't mess it up because it's a one of a kind paint. Looks kind of nice for a bench paint mix. Going to spray out a test panel this next week and plan to just paint the roof first when I paint it to see if I like it before painting the whole car.

Comment

Took some pictures of the trunk floor. Not that stock look but used a little thicker metal to weld it up and it is seam sealed and undercoated on both side so should be water proof and last as long as the rest of the car. Built the piece over the gas filler pipe myself and took about 20 min. As I said doesn't look like a stock trunk floor any longer but didn't cost me $500 for panels either. I cut a piece of 1/8 foam pad I had laying around and that will be glued over the undercoat and then I have some Black van carpet that will be cut to fit and either do just the floor bottom or may also go up the side panels. Wait and see on that one.
                    Attached Files

Comment

Nice work! Wow, you really had some rust. I thought that mine was bad, but yours was much worse. It's always nice to see progress!
                      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

You should have seen the rest of the car. This was one of the better spots.

Comment

Working...
                        X