Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: driving soon

  1. #1
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    , , USA.
    Posts
    103

    Cool driving soon

    The '55 truck that I'm working on should be ready for that 1st drive soon. It is on a 1987 Dodge Dakota chassis and has a 4.3 Chevy V6 , 400 trans, and a 3.90:1 rear. I'm looking forward to the maiden voyage.
    thom

  2. #2
    President Member StudeNewby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Knightdale, NC
    Posts
    935
    The excitement of that first ride is unforgettable. And hey, we want pics!
    Mike Davis
    Regional Manager, North Carolina
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

  3. #3
    Speedster Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    394
    My first ride had the Mrs. following me on Labor Day weekend. Very little traffic, thank goodness, and we made it. However it stalled out three times and she said, "Why don't you ever turn off your blinker?"
    Too many other things I was monitoring, listening to, and couldn't hear the directional light. Scary? yes. But you need to get it under your belt. I hope for the best, wish you well on your first drive, and as has been posted, let's see the pics.
    "Every man I meet on the street is superior to me in some respect, and from that I can learn."
    R.W. Emerson

  4. #4
    Speedster Member Stude Shoo-wop!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    480
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by dleroux View Post
    Too many other things I was monitoring, listening to, and couldn't hear the directional light. Scary? yes. But you need to get it under your belt. I hope for the best, wish you well on your first drive, and as has been posted, let's see the pics.
    Hah! That's hilarious! My father, who is more than twice the age of AMC, can't hear the turn signals when they're activated when he's driving my GT Hawk on our cruises. I have to remind him that they're still on, whereupon he'll fumble around to the column-mounted lever and say "thanks" in an appreciative tone.
    Jake Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

    1962 GT Hawk - completely finished in driveable condition.

  5. #5
    Golden Hawk Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Wappingers Falls, New York, USA.
    Posts
    20,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
    Hah! That's hilarious! My father, who is more than twice the age of AMC, can't hear the turn signals when they're activated when he's driving my GT Hawk on our cruises. I have to remind him that they're still on, whereupon he'll fumble around to the column-mounted lever and say "thanks" in an appreciative tone.
    Am I remembering something incorrectly? AMC was formed by the merger of Hudson and Nash in 1954 (5/1/54). That was 64 years ago. I can not believe that your father is more than 128 years old.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

    SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

  6. #6
    Speedster Member Stude Shoo-wop!'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Location
    West Palm Beach, FL
    Posts
    480
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by studegary View Post
    Am I remembering something incorrectly? AMC was formed by the merger of Hudson and Nash in 1954 (5/1/54). That was 64 years ago. I can not believe that your father is more than 128 years old.
    I meant that AMC had a lifespan of 34 years, from 1954 until 1988. Please don't jump to conclusions next time with my literary devices.
    Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-17-2018 at 08:23 PM.
    Jake Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

    1962 GT Hawk - completely finished in driveable condition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •