driving soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• driving soon

The '55 truck that I'm working on should be ready for that 1st drive soon. It is on a 1987 Dodge Dakota chassis and has a 4.3 Chevy V6 , 400 trans, and a 3.90:1 rear. I'm looking forward to the maiden voyage.
    thom

The excitement of that first ride is unforgettable. And hey, we want pics!
    Mike Davis
    1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

My first ride had the Mrs. following me on Labor Day weekend. Very little traffic, thank goodness, and we made it. However it stalled out three times and she said, "Why don't you ever turn off your blinker?"
      Too many other things I was monitoring, listening to, and couldn't hear the directional light. Scary? yes. But you need to get it under your belt. I hope for the best, wish you well on your first drive, and as has been posted, let's see the pics.

Comment

Originally posted by dleroux View Post
        Too many other things I was monitoring, listening to, and couldn't hear the directional light. Scary? yes. But you need to get it under your belt. I hope for the best, wish you well on your first drive, and as has been posted, let's see the pics.
        Hah! That's hilarious! My father, who is more than twice the age of AMC, can't hear the turn signals when they're activated when he's driving my GT Hawk on our cruises. I have to remind him that they're still on, whereupon he'll fumble around to the column-mounted lever and say "thanks" in an appreciative tone.
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
          Hah! That's hilarious! My father, who is more than twice the age of AMC, can't hear the turn signals when they're activated when he's driving my GT Hawk on our cruises. I have to remind him that they're still on, whereupon he'll fumble around to the column-mounted lever and say "thanks" in an appreciative tone.
          Am I remembering something incorrectly? AMC was formed by the merger of Hudson and Nash in 1954 (5/1/54). That was 64 years ago. I can not believe that your father is more than 128 years old.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
            Am I remembering something incorrectly? AMC was formed by the merger of Hudson and Nash in 1954 (5/1/54). That was 64 years ago. I can not believe that your father is more than 128 years old.
            I meant that AMC had a lifespan of 34 years, from 1954 until 1988. Please don't jump to conclusions next time with my literary devices.
            Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 05-17-2018, 05:23 PM.
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Working...
            X