Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A note regarding fire extinguishers at the International Meet in Tacoma, Wa.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I appreciate the rule. I have always agreed that having a fire extinguisher in my classic cars was a good idea and often thought about getting them. Being the procrastinator that I am, I never got around to it. At least not until I had to. It was painless and not that expensive. Thanks for motivating me and others like me to finally get off my duff and do the right thing.
    Jon Stalnaker
    Karel Staple Chapter SDC

Comment

My Dad put an extinguisher in his '64 Daytona Wagon 2 weeks after he bought the car new in 1963. He has had an extinguisher in every car he has owned since. Seemed like a good idea to me. I just bought a new one for the meet and it cost a whole $30 (less than a meal ticket)... I think I was the only person at a recent show I attended who actually had one displayed by the front wheel.

Comment

Originally posted by StudeNorm View Post
        My Dad put an extinguisher in his '64 Daytona Wagon 2 weeks after he bought the car new in 1963. He has had an extinguisher in every car he has owned since. Seemed like a good idea to me. I just bought a new one for the meet and it cost a whole $30 (less than a meal ticket)... I think I was the only person at a recent show I attended who actually had one displayed by the front wheel.
        StudeNorm,

Thank you for the support of Fire Extinguisher requirement for the meet this year. If you have received Turning Wheels this month, you will see the one-page printing of the requirement. Indeed, it is not an expensive purchase, when the alternative could be a fire-gutted Studebaker lost to the ages, no just at an International Meet.

Denny Foust
        SDC International Meet Chairman

Comment

Sdude,

Thank you for your support.

Denny Foust

Comment

Working...
          X