Thread: Virgil Marple cars for sale part 2

Virgil Marple cars for sale part 2

Trevor said add some more cars.
    As before,prices are set and non-negotiable.
    I added Trevor's number in each pic. Call between 10am-4pm Central Standard Time,please.
    Double click on a pic to see larger version.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mono mind in a stereo world

Lots of nice projects there. The 55 president would be my first choice, but they would all be nice cars. Hope they find good homes.

Silver Hawk Member
    Holy Carp ! ! ! I want several. What do I do ? ? ?
    sals54

Win the lottery?
    Quote Originally Posted by sals54 View Post
    Holy Carp ! ! ! I want several. What do I do ? ? ?
    1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Silver Hawk Member
    Yeah... I wish. I'd love to have several of those cars. Maybe I could squeeze out one of them... We'll see how it goes. It would have to be done on the sly. I probably have to sell something though. I think I would buy first, then I'd be forced to sell something. But, sheesh... what a nice collection.
    sals54

President Member
    On one hand, it's a shame he hoarded all those cars....on the other hand, at least they were in dry storage....but just think if those cars had been in other peoples hands years earlier when restoration costs were more affordable.....

Silver Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Sal View Post
    On one hand, it's a shame he hoarded all those cars....on the other hand, at least they were in dry storage....but just think if those cars had been in other peoples hands years earlier when restoration costs were more affordable.....
    Or, heaven forbid, if they were in other peoples hands many years ago as yard art in Minnesota. Ugh.
    sals54

Brownsburg, IN, USA.(NW suburban Indianapolis)
    Quote Originally Posted by sals54 View Post
    Or, heaven forbid, if they were in other peoples' hands many years ago as yard art in Minnesota. Ugh.
    ...or even moldy indoor storage with mice.

Yesterday (Tuesday, May 15, 2018), I attended the first day of The 2018 Mecum Indianapolis Spring Classic collector-car auction. The main attraction(s) are hundreds of items from the Jim Skonzakes (a/k/a Jim Street) Estate Collection.

The star of the show is the famous Golden Sahara II Show Car:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-32...den-sahara-ii/

It is being offered (separetly) from the famous "Kookie's Kar," Jim's other primary collector vehicle:

https://www.mecum.com/lots/SC0518-327381/kookies-kar/

I looked them both over yesterday at the show. While both have been indoors out of public view for 50-odd years, the storage has been anything but kind, to say the least. Wisely, IMHO, no attempt was made to clean them up for the auction. It will be interesting to see what they bring.

Looking at them today can't help but cause a person to wax philosophical about the fleeting nature of fame , although I'm sure they'll do quite well in their present state of decomposition. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

Ayn Rand:
    "You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality."

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

I completely forgot about the "Kookie Kar" What ever happened to Kookie Burns?