Time marches on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time marches on

I heard 2 sad stories on the news this week. First the 1940s vintage art-deco Playdium bowling alley in Albany has been sold to developers. It will be torn down to make room for an apartment complex. You may remember the picture of it in the Studes in roadside Americana thread.
    Second, the Boy Scout camp Boyhaven dating back to the 1920s is being sold. Lots of good memories from when I went there as a boy, and again as an assistant Scoutmaster when my son was a Scout.
    Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Originally posted by 1954khardtop View Post
    I heard 2 sad stories on the news this week. First the 1940s vintage art-deco Playdium bowling alley in Albany has been sold to developers. It will be torn down to make room for an apartment complex. You may remember the picture of it in the Studes in roadside Americana thread.
    Second, the Boy Scout camp Boyhaven dating back to the 1920s is being sold. Lots of good memories from when I went there as a boy, and again as an assistant Scoutmaster when my son was a Scout.
    They probably couldn't afford to change all the signs from Boy Scout Camp to just Scout Camp. <G>
    Jerry Forrester
    Forrester's Chrome
    Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Here I thought it was going to be another thread on vacuum tubes going by the title: http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.c...ogy-marches-on

Craig

Comment

Sad to here about the Playdium. It is a great building.

Comment

I just read that the Anderson estate, where they shot Magnum P.I. and some Hawaii 5-0 episodes had been torn down.

Tearing such landmarks for money is just a shame.
          sigpic

Comment

Money, Money . . . . . .
            Skip Lackie

Comment

Working...
            X