Thread: original color/look

Champion Member

original color/look

Hi,
    as i'm not sure if interior of my 59 Lark is 100% original (4 different greens - painting, door panels, dash and carpet and doors seem also been repainted), i want to ask for some information/pictures of an 100% original one (seamist green).

thanks in advance and best regards
    Roman

President Member
    I see your posting from Europe. I believe if your car was assembled over there, you may have very different color schemes than were available domestically. Also, 60 years of ?? ownership and spray can paint could baffle you too.

Champion Member
    Hi Jack,
    i've bought the car last year from a dealer in Netherland und i'm pretty sure that he had imported it from the US shortly before....is there a possibility to verify original interior for example by the VIN number(s)?

br
    Roman

President Member
    the vin number will get you the "build sheet" or what ever you want to call it from the Stude Museum. That again to confirm what it wore from Indiana or CA as to what was "standard issue" for that model and trim level. As to what "shade" or "hue" to green..... its hard to say. I'd suggest searching online for 59' Lark photos....

Golden Hawk Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Crocuto View Post
    Hi,
    as i'm not sure if interior of my 59 Lark is 100% original (4 different greens - painting, door panels, dash and carpet and doors seem also been repainted), i want to ask for some information/pictures of an 100% original one (seamist green).

thanks in advance and best regards
    Roman
    Interiors are different between Deluxe and Regal models. From the other topic/thread, I do not see where you gave the model information off the body number plate. You will need to know this (Deluxe or Regal) before you start to compare pictures. The larger sales brochures should depict the interiors (I didn't dig one out to check).
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

President Member
    My 59' Lark Regals' interior is Silvertone Grey. The dash polished up to it's original color and luster.The vinyl is more bluish than grey due to sun bleaching and age along with the upper potions of the door panels. This could possibly address the issues you are having with various shades in your Larks' interior. The painted dash is the best example of the vehicles original interior color when carefully polished. Then go to Paintref.com/Studebaker and compare the colors of green swatches for your 59' Lark. You should be able to find the color shade that matches your dash. You'll see Hawaiian green, Sherwood green, Seamist green. Happy viewing and good luck with your search.

Here is an Original looking '59 Lark REGAL 4 Door Sedan with the Cloth with Vinyl Trim Interior, there was only ONE 1959 GREEN Interior Color, but either All Vinyl or Cloth had to be requested.

This one has Aftermarket Floor Mats, Oil Press. Gauge and a Cassette AM/FM Stereo Radio added by an owner.

59LarkRegal4drHawiian Green4.jpg 59LarkRegal4drHawiian Green6.jpg 59LarkRegal4drHawiian Green5.jpg

Here is the ALL Vinyl Door Panel and Seat material on a Seamist Green Car, but in a '59 Lark Regal 2 Door Hardtop. ...Deluxe Models as Gary said will be a LOT different!
    59 Seamist Grn HT4.JPG
    Last edited by StudeRich; 05-14-2018 at 02:51 PM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner