Thread: 1948 Studebaker for Sale in Neola, Iowa

Speedster Member

1948 Studebaker for Sale in Neola, Iowa

For Sale 1948 Studebaker Champion Starlite Coupe $13,500

WARNING: THE 50 FRONT CLIP WAS ALREADY ON THE CAR BEFORE KERRY PURCHASED THE CAR!

6-cyl. 169.6cid/85hp 1bbl
    3 Speed with Over-Drive
    Mileage 72,272

Posting for my bother Kerry Courtier. The car will be in Turning Wheels I believe the June Issue. Here is some of the information:

This 1948 Studebaker Champion was purchase with the 1950 Studebaker front clip already installed and liking the style Kerry decided not to change it. The car was restored in 2003, and placed in the 2005 Studebaker International Meet in Omaha, Nebraska scoring 248 points for a second-place finish. Since the car was modified due to the front clip being changed the car was registered in the modified division. The car upholstery was done with a denim leather looking fabric and the mohair interior roof lining is original. All the glass looks excellent. However, the back glass rubber will need to be replace as it has cracks in the rubber. He replaced the door glass rubber and cat whiskers. Added note: during a heavy rain will have a slight leak.

The car runs and drives very nicely and is a head turner coming down the street. Now you ask why Kerry is giving up and selling this car. Well, come over his house and look over the car, and he will talk your ear off about all my other projects that he currently working on taking up much more needed room. Plus he has two other Studebakers that need my driving attention.

Optional Studebaker Radio Available!

We have Videos and More High Res Images on line, please send us your email for more information.

Also in henninings on line see below link:

https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds...n/2096518.html

Thanks!

Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1905 Farm Wagon

It looks like a nice, well done build. Congrats on that.

The radio in the trunk is not original Studebaker. It's an aftermarket radio, such as would have been sold in a Firestone store or Pep Boys, etc.
    RadioRoy, specializing in AM/FM conversions with auxiliary inputs for iPod/satellite/CD player. In the old car radio business since 1985.

17A-S2 - 50 Commander convertible
    10G-C1 - 51 Champion starlight coupe
    10G-Q4 - 51 Champion business coupe
    4H-K5 - 53 Commander starliner hardtop
    5H-D5 - 54 Commander Conestoga wagon
    56B-D4 - 56 Commander station wagon
    60V-L6 - 60 Lark convertible

Speedster Member
    RadioRoy you are correct. My brother just confirms it! The box mark Studebaker, but once you start looking at it then you see the aftermarket name stamped on the paperwork, instructions, face plate.

Thanks for the information.
    Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1905 Farm Wagon

Speedster Member
    Sold, yesterday and being shipped to Little Egg Harbor Twp, NJ
    Rick Courtier

1956 Sky Hawk
    1905 Farm Wagon