WHAT a MONDAY!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WHAT a MONDAY!!

After owning 2 Champs over the course of 5 years I found it difficult to find the time to restore and give them the love that they deserved. My plan was to turn them into drivers but it just wasn't happening with the job and schedule that I carry. That brings me to this past winter when I decided to sell my truck and move on. I sold it and sat on the money planning to buy something that was complete, needing nothing except a caregiver.

That brings us to a couple of months ago when I decided to put word out that I was in the market. Many of you sent me links and showed me your personal cars that you had for sale, THANK YOU very much. Talking with you guys helped me to understand better what I really wanted and what I didn't. Again THANK YOU. I even test drove a few and found out that a Lark is still the car for me.

Today is Monday April 23rd. My mail box was full of stuff to feed my need for Studebaker. All in one day I received the May issue of turning wheels, my new membership cards, and the title to my new-to-me 1961 Lark.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0854.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	109.2 KB
ID:	1757750

Along with the orginal 1961 California title was the original build sheet, accessories book, and model line up book

I will post pictures of the Lark and give more details when I pick her up in South Bend, IN on May 4th. Ill be making a 800 mile road trip home with my wife back to Cape May, NJ.
    Charles

1961 Lark Regal VIII 259/auto -- Lucy

Already sounds like a nice sound Car, looking forward to pics.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Finally some pictures and sorry for the delay, there were some things that I needed to do.

Stopped by one of my favorite covered bridges in Brownstown, PA while visiting the in-laws before making the trip home.

Name:	IMG_0882.jpg
Size:	198.7 KB
ID:	1720621

Name:	IMG_0883.jpg
Size:	192.3 KB
ID:	1720622

Name:	IMG_0886.jpg
Size:	115.9 KB
ID:	1720623

Name:	IMG_0887.jpg
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	1720624

Name:	IMG_0891.jpg
Size:	69.9 KB
ID:	1720625

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg
Size:	191.2 KB
ID:	1720626

Name:	IMG_0896.jpg
Size:	166.5 KB
ID:	1720627

Name:	IMG_0898.jpg
Size:	202.7 KB
ID:	1720628
      Charles

Comment

Hi. It was great meeting Amanda and you at the swap meet. We passed you two and the Lark on the way home , It looks great and good luck with it , Ed

Comment

Thanks for the photos of your "new" car. It is a dandy. There may be a couple of TW cover photos in there. Congratulations! And have fun!
          Ed Sallia
          Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by jts359 View Post
            Hi. It was great meeting Amanda and you at the swap meet. We passed you two and the Lark on the way home , It looks great and good luck with it , Ed
            Nice meeting you guys as well. We saw you and immediately after waving Amanda says, "Everyone was so nice at the show", I think she enjoyed it

Originally posted by Commander Eddie View Post
            Thanks for the photos of your "new" car. It is a dandy. There may be a couple of TW cover photos in there. Congratulations! And have fun!
            That would be awesome, once I get her all cleaned up and waxed I am going to try and get some more here in New Jersey. Trying to think of a good spot.

How does one submit pictures for Turning Wheels use?
            Last edited by what huh; 05-08-2018, 07:46 AM.
            Charles

Comment

Thanks for posting. Studes always look at their best in rural settings.
              Bill

Comment

what huh, I don't have a copy of TW here at work but instructions for how to submit photos is in there. They are now wanting photos in verticle or "portrait" format.
                Ed Sallia
                Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by what huh View Post
                  Nice meeting you guys as well. We saw you and immediately after waving Amanda says, "Everyone was so nice at the show", I think she enjoyed it

That would be awesome, once I get her all cleaned up and waxed I am going to try and get some more here in New Jersey. Trying to think of a good spot.

How does one submit pictures for Turning Wheels use?
                  Send pictures of your Lark (actual size in the portrait format) to Fred & Linda Fox at llfox@earthlink.net. That's how I got my 1962 GT Hawk published on the back cover of the May 2018 TW.
                  Bill L.
                  1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Thanks guys! I’ll submit some when I get home from work
                    Charles

Comment

Working...
                    X