Avon bottle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avon bottle

Last edited by toymobile; 04-18-2018, 06:49 AM.

SOLD To a member in N.C.

Comment

They made more of those Avon bottles than Studebaker made cars.....
      HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

In SB last May, all who attended the Antique Club's tour were given one of those courtesy of the late great Mr. Chuck Naugle.

Comment

I have given those away. I believe that I kept one NIB.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

SI was selling them, NIB, at the International Meet last year for $2.00 each.

Craig

Comment

Could someone please explain to me what these "Avon bottles" were? They have officially piqued my interest. Are they similar to flasks or something else entirely? Oh no, I'm showing my true colors as a gott-danged WHIPPERSNAPPER!
              Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Jake,

They were bottles shaped like various cars - in this case a Studebaker - with cologne in them. Here is a pic:
                Paul
                Winston-Salem, NC
                Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Originally posted by skyway View Post
                  In SB last May, all who attended the Antique Club's tour were given one of those courtesy of the late great Mr. Chuck Naugle.
                  Chuck had several hundred of them.

Comment

Whippersnapper that you are, Avon was a "door-to-door" and later snail "mail-order" outfit selling soaps and scents, and such.
                    I believe they are still in business via the internet.
                    At one point they offered liquid products in LOTS of different figurine type containers; not only cars/Studebakers.

For an equally interesting look at days gone by, go ahead and Google "Fuller Brush Co.", and even the 1940's movie "Fuller Brush Man" starring Red Skelton!

Comment

[QUOTE=skyway;1106078
                      For an equally interesting look at days gone by, go ahead and Google "Fuller Brush Co.", and even the 1940's movie "Fuller Brush Man" starring Red Skelton![/QUOTE]

I can remember the Fuller Brush man coming to the house, with his suitcase full of brush samples. (But no, it was not Red Skelton )
                      Paul
                      Winston-Salem, NC
                      Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
                      Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

I have a few more bottles unopened that I have had for almost 30 years, Some very different than the normal AVON bottle.

Comment

Most of my collection of car bottles have/had whiskey in them.
                          Gary L.
                          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I have the Studebaker Avon bottle.I bought one at York several years ago.My Mom was crazy for Avon back in the day.She had bought my brothers cologne decanters that looked like old-time telephones.Others were shaped like old-tyme lamp posts.Bought some stuff for me that the bottle was shaped like a baseball glove with a plastic baseball glued on to it.Those are just the ones I can remember off the top of my head....

Comment

Originally posted by studegary View Post
                              Most of my collection of car bottles have/had whiskey in them.

I have a 57 Chevy Conv that my wife bought for me still sealed up as I'm not a drinker just like the 57.

Johnny

Comment

Working...
                              X