Hawk Padded Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interior: Hawk Padded Dash

Is there a padded dash pad that is available, and will "bolt on" to a 56 Hawk dash?...

Would that require padded bolts?
    John Clary
    Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Golden Hawks HAD a vinyl top pad. So did later Hawks. Just be sure to get the trim on the under side that hides the seam from fiberglass to padding.
      Bez Auto Alchemy
      573-318-8948
      http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

SI has them listed for 56-59, 60-61, and 62-63. The one for a 1960 was $71.00.
        Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I would think any local upholstery shop could build you one with out breaking the bank. They are pretty simple.

Comment

As Brad said, those trim pieces will be the hard part to find.
            Wayne
            "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by wdills View Post
              As Brad said, those trim pieces will be the hard part to find.
              I wonder if this product in a narrow and flat configuration would help with small sheet metal screws to screw into the dash?

Bill L.
              1962 GT Hawk

Comment

I think that the extruded chrome moulding could be made to work. I think that mine are only about a quarter inch wide, and I didn't see any of the profiles that were very flat, in that width. Some of the other sizes would look better than not having trim. Thanks for the link.
                Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Working...
                X