Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9078.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	100.7 KB
ID:	1757671Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_9074.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	103.6 KB
ID:	1757672I was invited to add my 64R2 Avanti during a 2 month display of Studebaker's at the museum. I drove my 63 GT Hawk to the museum for a photo shoot. Though the museum is small and staffed by a dedicated group of volunteers, they are knowledgeable about a wide variety of models, years & cool stuff. If your interested, the museum is free; donations accepted. Located in Pt. Pleasant N.J. (exit 98 N.J. Parkway and another 15 minute drive )

Back in 1956 I went to a small museum at Cape May Airport. There I saw a 38 Cord & loved it. It started my love for old cars although it's hard for me to imagine a car as old as that was then (1998 or 2000) being in a museum or being that different to light ones love of cars. You'll never know what you may find and know what inspiration you will make even when it may only be a small one. I applaud you for sharing your cars and their great presence.
    59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
    60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
    61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
    62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
    62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
    62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
    63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
    63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
    64 Zip Van
    66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
    66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
      Back in 1956 I went to a small museum at Cape May Airport. There I saw a 38 Cord & loved it. It started my love for old cars although it's hard for me to imagine a car as old as that was then (1998 or 2000) being in a museum or being that different to light ones love of cars. You'll never know what you may find and know what inspiration you will make even when it may only be a small one. I applaud you for sharing your cars and their great presence.
      In 1956, a 1938 was only 18 years old, like my everyday cars. I do not understand your insertion of "(1998 or 2000)".

I agree that you never know what might spark an interest. The two sparks for me were seeing a new 1947 five passenger coupe ("Starlight") and when family friends bought a new 1953 Commander Starliner (parents of a friend bought a new 1953 Champion Starlight, but that did not interest me as much).
      Gary L.
      Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
      Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, he's saying a '38 then was like a '98 to 2000 is now.
        Dwight 54 Commander hardtop

Comment

I assumed most automotive museum(s) required all cars to be displayed, be 400 point examples with all displayed parts as exactly as the car left the factory........no over restorations and or added "do-dads"........take a look at "Vettes".........talk about over restoration...........

Comment

Warren W. thank you for the nice words.
            Hawklover, you do remember assumptions or to assume makes an ass.................etc. Those cars are drivers at the museum, some drive more than others, but all are drivers. The Golden Hawk has driven a number of times to the nationals..........well, the owner drove

Comment

Sir I made no assumptions (concerning your cars), indeed you should not put words into other peoples mouths, no matter how brilliant you perceive yourself to be. You made no mention that your "examples" were "drivers" and not the typical static(read garage queens) displays.
              Originally posted by mch View Post
              Warren W. thank you for the nice words.
              Hawklover, you do remember assumptions or to assume makes an ass.................etc. Those cars are drivers at the museum, some drive more than others, but all are drivers. The Golden Hawk has driven a number of times to the nationals..........well, the owner drove

Comment

really!!! Im glad you feel better

Comment

Not in the least, it seems a conversation with MCH is a MCH conversation!!
                  Originally posted by mch View Post
                  really!!! Im glad you feel better

Comment

Working...
                  X