Golden Quill awards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Quill awards

I received the May 3 issue today of Old Cars Weekly today and Ed Meyer, editor of The Steering Wheel, the monthly newsletter of the Missouri/Illinois Gateway Chapter (SDC and AOAI) won the Golden Quills award in the Regional Sub Compact division. (Ed won honorable mentions in some past years, but this is the first full award!)

Ann Turner, editor of SDC’s Turning Wheels and also me, editor of the AOAI’s Avanti Magazine won in the National Luxury division.
    Other than Turning Wheels and Avanti Magazine, Ed's Steering Wheel was the only other Studebaker publication to win a certificate in the competion.

Three other Studebaker publications received honorable mentions: The Echo, by Chris Collins in the Grand Canyon State Chapter; The Studebaker Spokesman, by Claude Chmielewski of the Wisconsin Region, SDC; and Brian Curtis, editor of the Antique Studebaker Club’s Northwest Passage, Pacific Northwest ASC chapter.
    Lew Schucart
    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Congratulations! to all of you.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone who received an award and to those with an honourable mention. I think that speaks volumes for our expertise and knowledge of things Studebaker and Avanti. Well done.

Susan Lusted, What's Happening Turning Wheels
      studenews@outlook.com

Comment

Hear hear! Congrats to all of you for being recognized for your hard work and expertise.
        Mike Davis
        1964 Champ 8E7-122 "Stuey"

Comment

Good job. Congratulations to you all.
          Rog
          '59 Lark VI Regal Hardtop
          Smithtown,NY
          Recording Secretary, Long Island Studebaker Club

Comment

Way to go guys. Congratulations

Comment

The reward is well deserved, you both do a great job.
              Champagne !

Daniel Denis

Comment

Working...
              X