Home Inspector Photos - 100 of them

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Inspector Photos - 100 of them

Some will make you smile, some will make you say WTF.

Bob

I thought that some of these pictures showed good sense:

e.g.

-Chevrolet hubcap as a cover on roof;
    -Camouflaging oil tanks as cows; and
    -rows of 2x4s with mason jars attached to hold miscellaneous parts.

Am I missing something.

Comment

How'd they get into my house!
      Bill Foy
      1000 Islands, Ontario
      1953 Starlight Coupe

Comment

I liked the one's that made me really look and then it was soooooo obvious!
        DT Holder - Bakersfield CA, USA
        1950 Commander ("Resto-Mod" in progress)

Comment

Originally posted by 55s View Post
          I thought that some of these pictures showed good sense: rows of 2x4s with mason jars attached to hold miscellaneous parts.
          Obviously, they haven't seen that "Practical Solution" in Popular Science magazine before. I've seen that sensible idea used in lots of basement work areas and garages.

Craig

Comment

Glass jars work well for holding and organizing small items. Years ago I had a small rack that was designed to accept glass baby food jars for storage of contents.
            "Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional." author unknown

Comment

I had a house where the PO used aluminum pie pans on the toilet innards in the tank. He also used them as shades on the outdoor grow light sockets In a little greenhouse. Ingenuous?
              Last edited by rbruner; 04-13-2018, 06:21 AM.

Comment

Good Grief!...yesterday I clicked the link & began clicking through the pics...after a while, instead of house pictures, a string of very strange semi-humanoid pics began rolling through. If those are real people, then I'm glad I live where I live and know who I know.
                John Clary
                Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Years ago we pulled 1960's paneling off near our home entry. There was an apparent hole (possibly from a hard swinging front door) beneath the paneling. There was also a very crude repair of that hole. Beneath the "slapped on" drywall mud was a full can of soup and a scrub pad. I'm not sure if the can was thrown in anger - and left where it penetrated the wall..., or it was seen as a suitable "filler" behind the hole..., or maybe a "prepper" storing food in hidden locations.
                  '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

When I bough my first house in 1979 it was a small 2 story 1 bath 2 bedrooms. The supply lines for the sinks were heater hoses and the p traps made by using radiator hoses. Wood siding inside and out so you could see day light through the cracks in places.

Comment

I bought a house a few years back that had a persistent leak under the kitchen sink. So long in fact, that they put an oven rack over the rotted floor in front of the sink so you wouldn't fall through.

Comment

Working...
                      X