This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PRE-REGISTRATION deadline of April 30 approaching

I'm just letting all of you know that the DEADLINE for Pre-Registration for Tacoma 2018 is fast approaching on April 30, 2018. You can save $10 on General Registration by registering now for only $35. After April 30, Registration goes to $45. You know you're going, so, do it now while it is still fresh in your mind. It's a great time of year to visit the Pacific Northwest, and participate in all its activities.

We have a driving tour to Lemay Marymount, (2) bus tours, ACM is open for $14/4 days, our traditional Swap Meet, Members Night, a scrumptious Buffet, the Studebaker Auction, judging Thursday and Friday and a great Car Show on Saturday. What more could you want!

Plan now to be there!

I sent my registration in a few days ago. I have been wanting to visit that area again. I am still having trouble believing we are going. The last time was 1966.
    "In the heart of Arkansas."
    Searcy, Arkansas
    1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
    1952 2R pickup

Comment

I plan to attend the Open Car Show on Saturday, but I have no interest in having my car judged. I assume I have to join SDC with the full fee for the first year, and pay the event entry fee, and I read somewhere there is an additional $10 fee for the Saturday show. Are there any other fees I should know about?

I have attended a lot of car shows including some indoors, but have never seen a car burst into flames and have never heard of a requirement for a fire extinguisher. Indoor shows usually require the battery be disconnected. I would of course shut off my battery disconnect switch to insure I don't set fire to the parking lot. My question is do I need to have an SDC "approved" fire extinguisher to show my car in the Open car show?

My understanding is that I can drive to some hotel in downtown Tacoma on Saturday morning, go into the hotel and pick up my prepaid passes, then drive to the Saturday event. Is this correct? Something I read mentioned registering or picking up passes the day before, but that may have been for other events - I need to understand this clearly, because I live about 55 miles from the museum, and I would prefer to make the trip only once.

Thanks for any clarification on this.

Ben Harrison
      Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
      See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Originally posted by 52-fan View Post
        I sent my registration in a few days ago. I have been wanting to visit that area again. I am still having trouble believing we are going. The last time was 1966.
        52-FAN,

Thank you for registering for the meet. The Tacoma area chapters conducting this meet welcome you to the area (again!), and we hope you enjpy what we have planned for you.

Comment

Pre-Registration for the meet in Tacoma Washington Aug 29-31, Sept 1

[QUOTE=48skyliner;1105035]I plan to attend the Open Car Show on Saturday, but I have no interest in having my car judged. I assume I have to join SDC with the full fee for the first year, and pay the event entry fee, and I read somewhere there is an additional $10 fee for the Saturday show. Are there any other fees I should know about?

I have attended a lot of car shows including some indoors, but have never seen a car burst into flames and have never heard of a requirement for a fire extinguisher. Indoor shows usually require the battery be disconnected. I would of course shut off my battery disconnect switch to insure I don't set fire to the parking lot. My question is do I need to have an SDC "approved" fire extinguisher to show my car in the Open car show?

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
          I plan to attend the Open Car Show on Saturday, but I have no interest in having my car judged. I assume I have to join SDC with the full fee for the first year, and pay the event entry fee, and I read somewhere there is an additional $10 fee for the Saturday show. Are there any other fees I should know about?

My understanding is that I can drive to some hotel in downtown Tacoma on Saturday morning, go into the hotel and pick up my prepaid passes, then drive to the Saturday event. Is this correct? Something I read mentioned registering or picking up passes the day before, but that may have been for other events - I need to understand this clearly, because I live about 55 miles from the museum, and I would prefer to make the trip only once.

Thanks for any clarification on this.

Ben Harrison

Ben,

To join SDC for 1-full year, you receive the outstanding Turning Wheels publication. Your first year membership will cost you $24 and it is well worth the price for the ALL-COLOR publication. By joining SDC, you are then welcome to register for the International Meet this year in Tacoma, WA. Your membership in SDC can be completed here:

https://secure.cornerstonereg.com/sdc/newmember.asp , or you can print the membership for out here: http://www.studebakerdriversclub.com...pplication.pdf.

Whether you become a member or not, we encourage you to come to the International Meet. We suggest you join SDC prior to registering for the meet. Your membership # is required on your meet registration
          , and we suggest you join and register to participate in the meet for the low price of $35, After April 30, meet registration is $45, until the week of the meet. Registration at the meet is $35 + late fee of $10 + registration at the meet of $10 for a total of $55. you can register for the meet here: http://sdcmeet.com/Home/Welcome .

The $10 fee you are referring to is for display of your car on the field at the Car Show on Saturday. Admission to the show field is by way of display of a windshield card that
          must be on the windshield to enter the show field. That is part of the registration process, and whether you display or have your car judged, a fee of $10 - Display or $35 - Judged is required to enter the Car Show field on Saturday. A General Parking fee of $10/day will be required to park on Lot A next to the show field each day, and can be avoided if you are registered for the meet. We suggest you go to www.sdcmeet.com to read all about the meet.

Unfortunately, we HAVE seen a car catch fire at the 2008 International Meet in Lancaster. This car, a 1932 President Convertible Sedan, we saved from further destruction by the quick actions of members with fire extinguishers, thus the adoption of a fire extinguisher policy in SDC. The has been standard procedure for years if you attend an AACA Car Show with your Studebaker. It is an inexpensive item, readily available at Lowes, Home Depot or Menards, and most home improvement stores. It's just good policy.

There ARE NO PREPAID PASSESto the meet. You can register for the meet as an SDC member at LaQuinta Hotel Wednesday-Friday of the meet, go on tours (fee), enjoy the Wednesday Buffet (fee), and participate in all the other activities as a registered member of the meet. You'll find it worth your while, and a lot of fun. Studebaker people are the nicest people in the automotive world!

Fee free to contact me if you need more information:

Denny Foust, SDC International Meet Chairman
          814-364-9629 (c) EST or

studeguy54@gmail.com

Comment

TODAY is the deadline!!

Craig

Comment

Are the members night buffet reservations filled?
              '49 2R15 Flatbed
              '56 Golden Hawk
              '62 GT Hawk
              '63 Champ 8E 12
              sigpic

Comment

Working...
              X