Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great Stuff Insulating Foam Sealant Proper Uses ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Stuff Insulating Foam Sealant Proper Uses ?

I have a couple pre hung exterior Doors to install, and originally was gonna use the Red Label Foam. then recently found out about the Blue or Green Label is for Doors and Windows. apparently the Red will distort Door and Windows, will it in fact cause problems or is it just a possibility ? B.T.W I always Screw My Door Jambs/Casings never Nail them. if I Shim and Screw more often might I by pass any problems ?, reason I focus on the Red Label is I have a bunch on hand I could use up.
    Joseph R. Zeiger

The ones for windows and doors have much lower expansion. Even if I put screws every 6 inches I still wouldn't chance the red lable. It's suprising how little force it takes to bend a piece of wood. Others might suggest you just use short squirts but for a few bucks I won't take the chance as it can cause the windows to not slide smoothly or stick. Takes to much work to get it right to chance it for me.

Your choice, your money though. Bob

Comment

Definitely go with the low expanding Joe, it's worth it.
      Chip
      '63 Cruiser
      '57 Packard wagon
      '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
      '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

I used the wrong stuff 23 years ago on a couple of windows and they are still stiff to open and close. Don' t risk it.

Comment

Bob, Chip, and Robert - thanks for input that I was looking for. I'm not opposed to buying the right stuff, just hoped I could use up already payed for stuff "must be the CASO in Me
          Joseph R. Zeiger

Comment

Originally posted by 63t-cab View Post
            Bob, Chip, and Robert - thanks for input that I was looking for. I'm not opposed to buying the right stuff, just hoped I could use up already payed for stuff "must be the CASO in Me
            I'm sure you can find some places to use it. Look in the foundation for holes where pipes pass, places like that.
            Chip
            '63 Cruiser
            '57 Packard wagon
            '61 Lark Regal 4 dr wagon
            '50 Commander 4 dr sedan

Comment

Working...
            X