1969 Pontiac Chain Gang Commercial.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1969 Pontiac Chain Gang Commercial.

Broderick Crawford and quite a few familiar faces there!

Comment

Of course, Wide Track would still be harped up in a Pontiac commercial! The whole plot of this is ludicrous but I suppose that does not matter when trying to sell cars so long as its memorable.
      Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Lark VIII girl saw Elisha Cook, Lon Chaney Jr., and Leo Gorsey, along with Broderick Crawford.

Husband of Lark VIII girl

Comment

Originally posted by Lark8girl View Post
          Lark VIII girl saw Elisha Cook, Lon Chaney Jr., and Leo Gorsey, along with Broderick Crawford.

Husband of Lark VIII girl
          Right on!
          There's a lot of faces from the late 60's movies as character actors that I remember and still see on TCM

Comment

Originally posted by avanti-hawk View Post
            Right on!
            There's a lot of faces from the late 60's movies as character actors that I remember and still see on TCM
            Some of them turn up on "Perry Mason", too!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
              Of course, Wide Track would still be harped up in a Pontiac commercial! The whole plot of this is ludicrous but I suppose that does not matter when trying to sell cars so long as its memorable.
              Pontiac's "wide track" was very real. Just compare the view from the front of a U.S. built (Catalina, Bonneville, ect) to a Canadian built Pontiac. the Canadian cars were built on a Chevy base chassis & the track was noticeably narrower. to me they looked ungainly.
              59 Lark wagon, now V-8, H.D. auto!
              60 Lark convertible V-8 auto
              61 Champ 1/2 ton 4 speed
              62 Champ 3/4 ton 5 speed o/drive
              62 Champ 3/4 ton auto
              62 Daytona convertible V-8 4 speed & 62 Cruiser, auto.
              63 G.T. Hawk R-2,4 speed
              63 Avanti (2) R-1 auto
              64 Zip Van
              66 Daytona Sport Sedan(327)V-8 4 speed
              66 Cruiser V-8 auto

Comment

Originally posted by Warren Webb View Post
                Pontiac's "wide track" was very real. Just compare the view from the front of a U.S. built (Catalina, Bonneville, ect) to a Canadian built Pontiac. the Canadian cars were built on a Chevy base chassis & the track was noticeably narrower. to me they looked ungainly.
                I'll agree that it helped Pontiac marketing quite a bit but in terms of actual handling, the difference appeared to be nill. Looks aside of course, the Canadian built Pontiacs on their Chevrolet frames looked like pigs on skateboards in comparison!
                Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

We have Broderick Crawford as the lawman, Mike Mazruki, Elisha Cook Jr., Lon Chaney Jr., J. Caroll Naish (you can catch a brief glimpse of him just after Lon), Robert Strauss (played Animal in Stalag 17), & Leo Gorcey.

Comment

I remember all of them . Especially Leo Gorcey from the Bowery Boys , I haven't seen that show in awhile , Ed

Comment

Working...
                    X