More Photos of Daisy-Mae!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Photos of Daisy-Mae!

I know how much you have been begging to see more of her, and I am only too happy to oblige!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daisy Mae.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	1757589

Name:	Engine.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	106.1 KB
ID:	1757590

Name:	Interior.JPG
Size:	124.9 KB
ID:	1757591

Name:	Steering.JPG
Size:	110.8 KB
ID:	1757592

Name:	AC.JPG
Size:	78.3 KB
ID:	1757593

Name:	Backseat.JPG
Size:	82.3 KB
ID:	1757594

Name:	Lid.JPG
Size:	91.7 KB
ID:	1757596

Name:	Other Trunk.JPG
Size:	77.5 KB
ID:	1757595

Name:	Rear.JPG
Size:	112.3 KB
ID:	1757597

And just because...

Name:	Pose.JPG
Size:	155.5 KB
ID:	1757598
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Nice shot of the dog .

Nice Hawk.
    Mark L

Comment

Pretty darn nice car. Glad you enjoy it as much as you do. Pictures of other nice Studes, keep me motivated on my build. Thanks.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

I like it!

Comment

Love it, Jake!
          HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Good looking car Jake! Always thought that the '62 black factory A/C evaporators looked much better in a GT hawk than the later silver/grey ones.

One thing I noted in your engine compartment pic Jake........sparkplug wires #5 and #7 are running together (parallel) -- since they fire next to each other in the firing order, this routing can induce a miss-fire. Route the #5 wire with #1 wire, and #3 wire with #7 wire. It will prevent a potential misfire. Attached is a pic of how you can route the wires - not the best pic but best that could be found on short notice.

Name:	Sparkplug routing.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1720138
            Paul
            Winston-Salem, NC
            Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com
            Check out my YouTube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/user/r1lark

Comment

Very nice car, Thx. Bob

Comment

Jake, Thanks for posting the pics. Great car as I'm sure you are very proud of it.
                Nice shot of the dog . X2 and looks like you clean up pretty good too!

Surely someone on this forum must have a full instrument dash for you!!

Congratulations and wishing you many years of enjoyment.
                Cheers, Bill

Comment

I can't hear what the Golden Retriever is saying, I think it's: "Lets GO for a ride"!
                  StudeRich
                  Second Generation Stude Driver,
                  Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                  SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Very nice.
                    Wayne
                    "Trying to shed my CASO ways"

sigpic

Comment

The Hawk does indeed look great. What does that color of paint come from? It looks similar to what I painted my '65Cruiser. I couldn't get the original green color and found a GM color that looks much like what you have. I like it on my Cruiser and on your Hawk as well.
                      Joe Roberts
                      '61 R1 Champ
                      '65 Cruiser
                      Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

Originally posted by JRoberts View Post
                        The Hawk does indeed look great. What does that color of paint come from? It looks similar to what I painted my '65Cruiser. I couldn't get the original green color and found a GM color that looks much like what you have. I like it on my Cruiser and on your Hawk as well.
                        That Cruiser sounds great! I would appreciate you PMing me some photos. Anyway, the paint is, to the best of my knowledge, Metallic Green Poly P-6213 mixed with other hues to create a totally unique shade of green. I adore it!
                        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

You did not acknowledge R1Lark's comment on the plug wires.
                          This is very important!

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
                            Good looking car Jake! Always thought that the '62 black factory A/C evaporators looked much better in a GT hawk than the later silver/grey ones.

One thing I noted in your engine compartment pic Jake........sparkplug wires #5 and #7 are running together (parallel) -- since they fire next to each other in the firing order, this routing can induce a miss-fire. Route the #5 wire with #1 wire, and #3 wire with #7 wire. It will prevent a potential misfire. Attached is a pic of how you can route the wires - not the best pic but best that could be found on short notice.
                            Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
                            You did not acknowledge R1Lark's comment on the plug wires.
                            This is very important!
                            Apologies. I'll be certain to address it right away.

Comment

Beautiful GT. Take good care of it. Drive it often, but keep the rubber side down!

What ratio is the rear end gear?

Comment

Working...
                              X