Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Sartorious - 1959 Silver Hawk

Division 8

Took (stole/borrowed/test drove) John's Hawk to a pretty big car show in the southeast yesterday (400+ cars and trucks).
    Lots of Porsches, Lamborghini's, Ferrari's, Packard's, Hemi's, Hellcats, late model everything, rods and customs..
    And in the end.... John's 1959 Silver Hawk was awarded the "Best Engine" award
    (along with a nice trophy which I dropped when presented on stage... Klutz..).
    Congratulations, John!

Last edited by DEEPNHOCK; 03-26-2018, 02:33 PM. Reason: spuhlling
    HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Sharp Hawk!
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Greetings from Tokyo, Jeff, and thank you for everything you have done (and are still doing) to improve this car. You have already made it a much better, safer, and more reliable vehicle.

Comment

Beautiful car!
        Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

April Update:
          Did some work to the engine compartment.
          Made up a new a/c compressor mount.Relocated the thermostat housing to be able to drop the compressor and move it over.
          Added a closed cooling system reservoir, and put in a new Spal electric fan.
          Neater package that works better than the Freddy Krueger setup that was on there...

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Comment

I missed your first post but my only personal criticism was EXACTLY what you modified and relocated in these last pics.
            This is an absolutely stunning, sanitary engine compartment. Congratulations Jeff on another wonderful example for all of us to cherish.
            Cheers, Bill

Comment

I see that you also installed a "Ford" style power steering res. cover!

Comment

Yessir. Brand new from Mac's Auto Parts.

Originally posted by skyway View Post

Jeff

Comment

Wow, did not know there were new ones to be had!
                  I've always grabbed those off junkyard cars when ever I find them.

Comment

Me too!...........................

Wow, did not know there were new ones to be had!
                    I've always grabbed those off junkyard cars when ever I find them.

Jeff

Comment

Excellent. Great showing. Congratulations all around. BP
                      We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I think I found the right guy to do the engineering and fabrication work on my Silver Hawk!

Comment

What is the thermostat off set housing from?
                          Bez Auto Alchemy
                          573-318-8948
                          http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

All the kool Studebaker kids have been using those for decades.

Comment

Weiand makes them for the 4/71, 6/71 superchargers. Got this one from Speedway Motors (# 90845)
                              This setup is indexed at 90 degree's (why I used a plate mount).
                              Just stealing space is all

Originally posted by bezhawk View Post
                              What is the thermostat off set housing from?

Jeff

Comment

Working...
                              X