Sky Hawk at a New Zealand show

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sky Hawk at a New Zealand show

Our pal John Pabst of New Zealand is at a big show there in Whangamata this week with his gorgeous 1960 Chevy Impala, and in the photos he is sending of all the cars, there was this great looking Sky Hawk. Thanks for letting us share this John, it's a beautiful car... ( sure miss mine ! )
    Attached Files

Wow! That's some serious engine polishing. BP
    We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

What a beauty. Makes mine look like the proverbial basket case.
      peter lee

Comment

Originally posted by BobPalma View Post
        Wow! That's some serious engine polishing. BP
        And Bob would be able to see his face in the battery hold down, as its polished as well!!

What a nice Sky Hawk!

Craig

Comment

Nice Hawk. It appears to have an extra long hood support rod to help save your head.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

That is one handsome Hawk!
            The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Comment

Not sure how many 56 Sky Hawks there are in New Zealand but a couple of years ago I sent one over so maybe this is it all restored, one I send was a 289 and 3 speed.
              Candbstudebakers
              Castro Valley,
              California

Comment

Yes Bob, this is the one to sent to New Zealand. Cheers, George.

Comment

Hi there NZ George ! Are you at the show too ? From John's pictures, it looks like a fabulous event. He has the red 1960 Chevy Impala, so if you see him, tell him you saw it here 1st, ha !

Comment

Geo. find me my buyer for the 52 hardtop, 53 commander coupe and the 61 4 door lark all are low miles, am at the point to start with e-bay, I know all these cars would look good in New Zealand, are there any 52 commander hardtops with 31 original miles over there or anywhere? getting ready to take a truck load of my parts to AZ. on Monday the couple that bought Chuck and Chris Collins need used parts if they are going to be a true vender.
                    Candbstudebakers
                    Castro Valley,
                    California

Comment

candbstudebakers, if we had a place big enough to keep them both, I would sure get that 53 Commander from you. If you remember, we wanted the one that was already sold and bought our black 55 from you instead. Love it, and going to keep it, but still want a 53 too, ha !

Comment

I sure do like the '56 Sky Hawks. I think I even like them better than the Golden Hawk and the '55 Speedster.
                        Ed Sallia
                        Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by NZ George View Post
                          Yes Bob, this is the one to sent to New Zealand. Cheers, George.
                          It wasn't sent over with right hand drive, was it? That being the case, it certainly appears quite expertly converted.

Mark
                          Last edited by S2Deluxe; 03-25-2018, 01:33 PM.
                          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Hi Mark, The car came to New Zealand left hand drive but was converted to right hand drive by the guy who restoed it. Used parts from a 60 or 61 Hawk that was being parted out. Did a very nice job on the car.

Comment

Originally posted by j.byrd View Post
                              candbstudebakers, if we had a place big enough to keep them both, I would sure get that 53 Commander from you. If you remember, we wanted the one that was already sold and bought our black 55 from you instead. Love it, and going to keep it, but still want a 53 too, ha !
                              John, yes I remember you wanted the 54 blue hardtop but was already sold and sent to GZ of New Zealand, but you still have a chance on the 53, send me your e-mail and I will send pictures, after getting the 55 you should know the cars I sell are what I say they are..
                              Candbstudebakers
                              Castro Valley,
                              California

Comment

Working...
                              X