No announcement yet.

Good grief!!!...is it my fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was nice weather today. I finally got to spend the day on my Bike. Our Sons of Confederate Veterans camp places flags at the graves of CSA soldiers for the month of April, which is Confederate History month here in Georgia. I have been assigned all of the old cemeteries in the North East quadrant of Jeff Davis County. This morning I loaded all my flags into the saddle bags and set out to honor our ancestors who fought so bravely to defend our beloved southland from the invading armies from the north. It turned out to be a GREAT day for riding.
    Neil Thornton

Comment

Back in 76 I bought a 72 BMW R60/5 with 17K miles on it. The Mrs and I drove it up through Canada to the bay of fundy, down the east coast and back through PA and Ohio. Those are two big states. We rode 600 miles that last day, two up with about 50 pounds in a large army duffel stuffed on the rack. I rode it less and less and after I had about 4 kids and had not ridden it for a few years I sold it with 40K on it for like $400. They're selling now for like 4,000 or so.

I am tempted to buy a bike again from time to time and if I did it would be a BMW, but I doubt I will as it takes a lot longer to heal now than back in my twenties!
      Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

Everybody's talking about their motorcycles.
        I have one. I don't put many miles on it. When I do, it's only about 4 MPH.
        It's my swap meet ride.
        I went to the Perry, Ga. Auto Fest Swap Meet this weekend. Put about 10 - 20 miles on the the ole boy.
        The only other Stude guy I saw was Rene Harger. Had to deliver some chrome pieces to him.
        There was a '55 Conestoga there in the car show. He's there every Spring and Fall. Didn't get to talk to him this time though.
        There was also a '49-53 1/2 ton PU. in the vehicle for sale section. Priced at $12,500. For sale sign said 'Restored, Original.
        Rene said "Ha ha ha ha ha". Then Rene proceeded to tell me about 20 or 30 things that was incorrect about the truck.

Here's Piglet. He want's to be a Hog when he grows up.

Had to put the "Not for sale" sign on the seat so people would leave me alone. Everybody wants to buy Piglet.
        Jerry Forrester
        Forrester's Chrome
        Douglasville, Georgia

See all of Buttercup's pictures at https://imgur.com/a/tBjGzTk

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry Forrester View Post
          Everybody's talking about their motorcycles....

Here's Piglet. He want's to be a Hog when he grows up.

I love it!!! And...I believe our dear "LARK PARKER" would approve of such a "PARKERESQUE" crafted post!
          John Clary
          Greer, SC

SDC member since 1975

Comment

Being up here in the frozen tundra of Ontario Canada I find it hard to shed a single drop of ice from my eyes. It's Easter and we had snow again last night. I'm at least 2 weeks from digging out the Hawk and my old Ford. I had to drive a 1960 Cadillac a week ago for a 70 mile run and the heater was blocked off. Man I still haven't thawed!
            I sold my bike 2-3 years ago. 2008 Fatboy. Just couldn't justify the insurance, storage and maintainence for a maximum 5 to 6 month season, and the amount of people I have to dodge as they text.

Comment

Working...
            X