Thread: John Nemeth - Michiana Chapter

Champion Member

John Nemeth - Michiana Chapter

I Have received word that John Nemeth, a founding member of the Michiana Chapter has passed away. For details of the arrangements see http://www.zahoran.com/.

John, I and a hand full of other locals founded the Michiana Chapter in 1969. The chapter hosted the 1970 National Meet and he was a tireless worker. The last time I attended the Michiana Chapter Spring meet in May 2017 he was still working as a volunteer.

John never owned a show car and never won a trophy. He just loved the cars and the people who produced them. He grew up and still lived within walking distance of the plant and drove a Studebaker daily until the 1970"s.

John was a member of the committee that administered the Studebaker Museum Restoration Fund.

RIP John

Bob Aker

President Member

President Member
    I also have known John since '72 when I joined the Michiana Chapter. We would visit Friday evenings at the Bendix Restaurant . He will be missed by all of us.

President Member
    What a pleasant personality John had; he always had a smile and a greeting for those around him.

Our best to his family.

George
    george krem