Thread: Champ/Lark radio and clock

Speedster Member

Champ/Lark radio and clock

What year(s) radio and clock will fit a '64 Champ truck? Do Larks use the same? If the radio is only AM, we have a decent AM oldies station here, during the day anyway. Are the clocks self winding? Where did the factory speakers go in a '64 Champ? Where would the antenna have been located? I would like to have a radio and a clock but will do without the radio before doing any cutting except what would have been as original. My truck has never been modified and I intend to keep it that way. I intend to do no cutting or welding, nothing that can't be easily undone later.
    Last edited by thom; 03-14-2018 at 12:02 AM. Reason: spelling corrections
    thom

1959-60 Larks will fit the Champ. The clock also fits. . Use the Lark speaker, it goes behind the clock. The were 2 types of speaker grilles/housing, silver painted and chrome. There were many special parts needed to have a clock/ speaker, so when shopping try to get the whole assy. The antenna was on the left, through the fender, into the cowl and ran down the driver kick panel area. You can also find a roll up antenna which can mount in the same area. It was internally controlled by a knob in the kick panel which you turn up or down to raise/lower the antenna..

President Member
    The speaker extension enclosure, AC-2948, required for installing a clock in front of the speaker in a ‘59 - ‘60 Lark or a Champ pickup, is available from Studebaker International. Only $6.50, shown on page 54 of current catalog.

All Auto Clocks of the Day were electric motor wound every 5 Min. or so, they were Borg brand like many other U.S. Car makers used, but of course a matching Studebaker design.
    60's AM Radios were not Stereo so only the one Speaker behind the Speaker Grille and Clock dummy or Clock if ordered.

59 Seamist Grn HT5.JPG

This '59 Lark Regal had no Cigar Lighter ordered, but a Climitizer Heat and Defrost System and a Manual Tuning 6 Tube Radio were installed.
    Last edited by StudeRich; 03-14-2018 at 02:52 AM.
    StudeRich
    Second Generation Stude Driver,
    Proud '54 Starliner Owner

President Member
    Custom autosound has a radio that will fit the Champ. The speakers can be mounted in the side panels behind the seat. You might need an original bezel though. The panels can be replaced later for originality.

I just pulled the Lark radio out of the 63 pickup. Where are you thom?