Hawk at Temecula Rod Run this past weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hawk at Temecula Rod Run this past weekend

Didn't come home with a prize but a great time and car ran perfectly from San Diego and back.Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	1757421Click image for larger version

Size:	17.7 KB
ID:	1757422Click image for larger version

Size:	19.9 KB
ID:	1757423Click image for larger version

Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	1757424Click image for larger version

Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	1757425Click image for larger version

Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	1757426

Very cool! Congrats on a fun event.
    Dean Seavers
    Sacramento, CA

Comment

IN the early 1980s, I saw a GT sitting in the commissary parking lot at Camp Pendleton, CA. The owner lived in Temecula, and it was black with silver roof. I recall it has a sticker in the rear window that said something to the effect, "Air Conditioned By Studebaker". Wonder if this is the same car, and someone painted the sides red sometime during the past 35+ years. Never know, as it is a small Studebaker world. LOL

Comment

Not the same car, this was all black and I bought it from family that bought it new in 1962 and lived on a farm in the mid west, the son brought it to CA a few years ago where car lived in another barn. The original paint was all cracked and in bad shape, I got the idea of the three colors after watching an "Overhauling" TV show, but the plan now is to repaint the silver roof black....I've had too many comments about Studebaker not having a three color combination.Click image for larger version

Size:	19.7 KB
ID:	1719816Click image for larger version

ID:	1719817Already I painted the silver parking light inserts back to black and like it better.
        Click image for larger version

Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	1719818

Comment

Originally posted by San Diego Ron View Post
          Not the same car, this was all black and I bought it from family that bought it new in 1962 and lived on a farm in the mid west, the son brought it to CA a few years ago where car lived in another barn. The original paint was all cracked and in bad shape, I got the idea of the three colors after watching an "Overhauling" TV show, but the plan now is to repaint the silver roof black....I've had too many comments about Studebaker not having a three color combination.[ATTACH=CONFIG]70858[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]70859[/ATTACH]Already I painted the silver parking light inserts back to black and like it better.
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]70860[/ATTACH]

Do what you want. Studebaker also did not have two color combinations on the 1962 models.
          Gary L.
          Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
          Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Besides those lovely Studes, that 55 Packard Patrician is wondrous! I have never seen a better example than that either in photographs, film, or in person!
            Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I finally agree, three colors is too much for this car so the silver top is going back to black, at some point the red sides may have to go to.Click image for larger version

Size:	12.0 KB
ID:	1719924Click image for larger version

Size:	15.9 KB
ID:	1719925Click image for larger version

Size:	9.8 KB
ID:	1719926

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
                Besides those lovely Studes, that 55 Packard Patrician is wondrous! I have never seen a better example than that either in photographs, film, or in person!
                Where's the '55 Patrician? No see um.

The only Packard I see is a 1956 400 Hardtop. Excepting the wire wheels, it looks like the one I bought from Nethercutt in the mid 1970's.

And as much as I love GT Hawks (owned 5 62's and 2 63's), I prefer a single tone paint job on these cars.
                Last edited by WinM1895; 03-16-2018, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Back to black...the way it should be.Click image for larger version

Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	1719942Click image for larger version

Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1719943Click image for larger version

Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	1719944

Comment

If it were me (and its not), I'd have repainted the red sides back to black. I believe a different colored top really sets off a GT's lines. And silver would be great for heat reflection, if living in Temecula. At any rate, you have a very nice looking GT there

Comment

Thanks Joe but for now sides will stay red, need less painting and more driving.

Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	1719954Click image for larger version

Size:	20.5 KB
ID:	1719955Now to get these emblems back on and car washed and moved out of hiding.

Comment

Better in black.

Views:	2
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	1719964Click image for larger version

Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	1719965Click image for larger version

ID:	1719966

Comment

'Looking good, Ron. Congrats on the Studebaker representation. BP
                          We've got to quit saying, "How stupid can you be?" Too many people are taking it as a challenge.

G. K. Chesterton: This triangle of truisms, of father, mother, and child, cannot be destroyed; it can only destroy those civilizations which disregard it.

Comment

I like the old pickup despite that it's the most frumpy and weathered of the bunch.
                            1963 Champ "Stu Bludebaker"- sometimes driver
                            1957 Silver Hawk "Josie"- picking up the pieces after an unreliable body man let it rot for 11 years from an almost driver to a basket case
                            1951 Land Cruiser "Bunnie Ketcher" only 47M miles!
                            1951 Commander Starlight "Dale"- basket case
                            1947 Champion "Sally"- basket case
                            1941 Commander Land Cruiser "Ursula"- basket case

Comment

Old pickup, why that 1971 Chevy is almost a new car compared to that old 1962 Studebaker.

Comment

Working...
                              X