My 52 Studebaker Champion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Likes2Laff View Post
    I recently purchased a 1952 Champion too. My first Studebaker as well. I plan to purchase a 1953 Starliner and a 1955 Speedster too...in a for a pence, in for pound!

Here it is:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]71636[/ATTACH]
    That's a sweet Studebaker! Thanks for sharing. I'm gonna buy a truck as my next Studebaker.
    Only We The People Can Make America Great Again...........

1952 Studebaker Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Likes2Laff View Post
      I think it's a very cool car, but I must admit to knowing little about Studebakers. Should the A pillar be body color, rather than the same color as the top...I think it might look better that way...kind of like a convertible.

A couple questions. What weight oil does this car take? Do you know where I can find information like that? I joined the SDC but have not been able to find info like that yet. Also, I was thinking a changing the distributor for a Pertronix unit for reliability and practicality...I do not plan on driving this car too much.

I haven't see a 6 volt battery since my dad's first car...a VW beetle! Do you know the best 6 volt battery money can buy?
      Some people have recommended getting a 6 volt battery from a tractor/farm supply place. They tend to have heavy duty batteries. The typical 6 volt battery at a auto supply is usually light duty.
      I used 30wt with STP in my Champion years ago, but there are lots of good oils. I am sure some guys currently running Champion engines will comment.
      You can go to a Pertronix if you like, but I drove my car many miles with the stock points. The easiest way to change/adjust them is to pull the distributor and do it on the bench. As long as you don't crank the engine with the distributor out, a Champion distributor can only go back in its original place.
      There are many pictures of nice 52 Starliners if you Google it.
      Attached Files
      "In the heart of Arkansas."
      Searcy, Arkansas
      1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
      1952 2R pickup

Comment

Thanks for the info
        1952 Studebaker Champion Starliner
        1953 Studebaker Champion Starliner
        1965 Oldsmobile 98 Convertible
        1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

The Champion on the left is beautiful.
          1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

The car is being taken out of winter storage and I am having the "A" pillars and the windshield surround painted the same color as the body at the same time. I'm having them look at installing a Vintage Air air conditioning unit as well.

Any thoughts about this and about how much is reasonable to pay for the A/C unit and installation?
            1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

I am cleaining the oil bath air cleaner of my '52 Champion. Is the painted/coated interior supposed to be rough, almost like sand was in the paint? I'm not sure if this is part of the design of the oil bath air cleaner because of the way it works or somthing else.
              1967 Mercedes 250SL

Comment

Welcome to the club.
                If you need parts I am close by in Joliet.
                I have a 38.000 sq.ft building full of Studebaker parts , purchased from 29
                Studebaker dealers when they closed their doors.
                Robert Kapteyn
                studebaker@mac.com

Comment

Working...
                X