No announcement yet.

Intersesting Booklet from Hamilton Plant 1950

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the spelling error in the title, couldn't figure out how to correct it!

Comment

I have a binder that was from Studebaker Marketing and it has Mr Taylor’s name embossed on it . I put a pic on here of it but changes have been made and I’ve never figured out just how to do that anymore .
      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
        And do not forget how great a "fresh" mimeograph smells when it is running! One whiff of that and sweat breaks out all over again thinking of those algebra tests in high school . Mr. Richards always yelled at me "Sherman...fill it out THEN smell it!"
        Having been a student in the 50s and a teacher in the 60s I bet you are referring to the "spirit duplicator" which had a distinctive smell and some students liked to smell the tests fresh from the duplicator. I don't recall the odor of the mimeograph but I used it rarely and the duplicator often.
        Don Wilson, Centralia, WA

40 Champion 4 door*
        50 Champion 2 door*
        53 Commander K Auto*
        53 Commander K overdrive*
        55 President Speedster
        62 GT 4Speed*
        63 Avanti R1*
        64 Champ 1/2 ton

* Formerly owned

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
          You are welcome Stu. I have contacted the fellow who has the booklet and am just waiting to hear back from him. Unless he is asking some outrageous amount for it I will go and buy it next week and will bring it to Badenoch. Perhaps you could present it to Andy along with your memories of Scotty?

Just let me know what Andy says.

Cheers!

Kevin
          Kevin, the Museum would be delighted to have this booklet so go ahead and acquire it. See you in Badenoch.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Originally posted by Stu Chapman View Post
            Kevin, the Museum would be delighted to have this booklet so go ahead and acquire it. See you in Badenoch.

Stu Chapman
            Hi Stu,

The fellow wants $100 for it so I don't know if that is exorbitant or not? I didn't think he would be looking for that much so I am trying figure out what something like that is worth. Maybe Andy would know? I also have someone who messaged me and is interested in it so not sure what to do! I would prefer that the museum had it but I will have to think about it at that price!

Kevin

Comment

Originally posted by firestoper 25 View Post
              And do not forget how great a "fresh" mimeograph smells when it is running! One whiff of that and sweat breaks out all over again thinking of those algebra tests in high school . Mr. Richards always yelled at me "Sherman...fill it out THEN smell it!"
              Now that's funny !

Comment

Originally posted by Kato View Post
                Hi Stu,

The fellow wants $100 for it so I don't know if that is exorbitant or not? I didn't think he would be looking for that much so I am trying figure out what something like that is worth. Maybe Andy would know? I also have someone who messaged me and is interested in it so not sure what to do! I would prefer that the museum had it but I will have to think about it at that price!

Kevin
                I'll check with Andy.

Stu Chapman

Comment

I'll check with Andy.

Stu Chapman
                  Thank You Stu.

Kevin

Comment

Maybe someone from the Ontario or Hamilton Chapters might want it to keep it in Canada.

There might be some at Badenoch who knew the man mentioned.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post
                      Maybe someone from the Ontario or Hamilton Chapters might want it to keep it in Canada.

Stev , there was probably hundreds of those made , the question is how many survived this long . $100 seems like way too much for that
                      sigpic

Home of the Fried Green Tomato

"IF YOU WANT THE SMILES YOU NEED TO DO THE MILES "

1960 Champ , 1966 Daytona , 1965 Daytona Wagonaire

Comment

Originally posted by 2R5 View Post
                        Stev , there was probably hundreds of those made , the question is how many survived this long . $100 seems like way too much for that
                        I thought $100 seemed too much as well but I am not really sure what the value on something like that might be. The guy who has it seemed very keen on tracking me down as I would imagine he does not get a great deal of interest in it. He claims he had to pay a lot for it but I fear he is just trying to make a fast buck. If that is really what it is worth fine but I have my doubts. Hopefully Stu can get an idea from Andy as to it's worth. I would just like to see it preserved somewhere as it is definitely an interesting bit of Studebaker history from the Hamilton plant.

Comment

Originally posted by stephenj View Post

If there is some interest from the Hamilton Chapter I will definitely help to keep it local but most importantly it needs to be preserved and the museum might be best at that.

Comment

I'll check with Andy.

Stu Chapman
                            Andy Beckman has never seen one of these booklets but feels the asking price is too much. At this point we're awaiting an opinion from Richard Quinn. My personal feeling is the purchase value is in the $25-$30 range.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Sounds like a bunch of "Cheap *ss Studebaker Owners" to me.....I'll donate $25 towards the purchase....just tell me where to send the check (or paypal).....
                              Mike Sal

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Sal View Post
                                Sounds like a bunch of "Cheap *ss Studebaker Owners" to me.....I'll donate $25 towards the purchase....just tell me where to send the check (or paypal).....
                                Mike Sal
                                Thank you for your offer Mike. I can assure you there would not be a shortage of donors in Ontario but in fairness, this is not a CASO issue. Kato has just asked me to try and establish rarity and value. As you can see, Andy Beckman, Bob Barrick, and I all feel that $100 is out of line. We're just waiting for Richard Quinn's advice. I'm sure Kato would appreciate your offered support if necessary but give us a few days.

Stu Chapman

Comment

Working...
                                X