Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

on larks 65 66 wheels, for disc brake cars ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wheels / Tires: on larks 65 66 wheels, for disc brake cars ??

what do the wheels look like? can any one tell me & send pics of them to my email so i can match to what i have ? my email is danslarks@hotmail.com thanks dannyo.

Sometime in 64 Studebaker changed wheel design so that all the wheels would work with disc brakes. They look like the standard wheel from what I can see from pictures. There must be a change in the depth of the inner wheel or a diameter change to clear the caliper. Prior disc brake wheels had a visible hump in them just outside of the hubcap bumps that allowed inner wheel clearance of the caliper. The hump is very visible when you see it.
    sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
    1950 Champion Convertible
    1950 Champion 4Dr
    1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
    1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I don't know what the center looked like but sometime in 65 Studebaker started using 5" wide wheels on all cars. This carried through to the end of 66 production. I had a service bulletin stating this. I gave all my service bulletins to BP.
      james r pepper

Comment

This one is on a 64 GT hawk
        Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC05762.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	86.9 KB
ID:	1719577

Comment

thanks all for the help ,az 64 studie ,this looks like a ford wheel on the hawk , ? all studie wheels i have seen have a small whole in them? any way i will do some more reserch dannyo.

Comment

That picture shows the hump all the way around the wheel just outside of the hubcap bumps. AMC also used this style wheel and perhaps needed a larger center hole.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

Originally posted by dannyo View Post
              thanks all for the help ,az 64 studie ,this looks like a ford wheel on the hawk , ? all studie wheels i have seen have a small whole in them? any way i will do some more reserch dannyo.
              My 63 R1 Cruiser came with factory disc brakes. All the wheels have the hump and none have any holes other than lugnut holes. They look just like the ones in the picture of AZ64STUDE's 64 Hawk wheel.

Comment

The wheels pictured with the extra hump originally came only on US 63 cars with DB, though they will fit all 59-66, and probably before. The 64-66 wheels don't have the hump, but they also fit all 59-66. At a quick glance, they look just like the 59-62 wheels -- but they clear disc brakes.
                Skip Lackie

Comment

Are we talking model year or calendar year? My 64 Avanti has wheels with the hump. Final assembly was in Dec 63. Of course, they could have been changed over the years
                  78 Avanti RQB 2792
                  64 Avanti R1 R5408
                  63 Avanti R1 R4551
                  63 Avanti R1 R2281
                  62 GT Hawk V15949
                  56 GH 6032504
                  56 GH 6032588
                  55 Speedster 7160047
                  55 Speedster 7165279

Comment

The parts book uses model year.
                    Skip Lackie

Comment

The 1956 Golden Hawk and President Classic used 5" wide wheels but the centers were different that year

Comment

Working...
                      X