Save a GT Hawk for the love of God!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save a GT Hawk for the love of God!

I know that I already posted another Craigslist collection not five minutes ago but I could not bear the thought of lumping this tough old bird with the others. With that horribly peeling paint and El Cheapo upholstery job someone here should save it. Would you make money? No. You will, however, ease your conscience by rescuing an extremely rare and beautiful car from the ranks of the automotive undead.

Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

That one has been listed on/off for two+ years....his original asking price was $5000....then $6500....and now $5995.
    Lou Van Anne
    62 Champ
    64 R2 GT Hawk
    79 Avanti II

Comment

Plus is it appears to have OD but at price no deal in my mind

Comment

The wheels are interesting. Never saw any like that. Anyone know what those (I assume aftermarket, or maybe from another make) wheels are from?
        Paul
        Winston-Salem, NC
        Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at: www.studebakerskytop.com

Comment

Originally posted by r1lark View Post
          The wheels are interesting. Never saw any like that. Anyone know what those (I assume aftermarket, or maybe from another make) wheels are from?
          Those wheels look like the famed "snowflakes" that appeared exclusively on the late 70's - early 80's Pontiac Firebird. Thunder Chicken galore!

That being said, due to the shadiness of the ad, it could really be anything.
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

In the listing it states; "...
            vintage "Rocket" wheels...
            ".
            Gary L.
            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I wonder where some of these people get their production numbers. Probably off some Internet site.
              Gary L.
              Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
              Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

They are different.
                Attached Files
                "In the heart of Arkansas."
                Searcy, Arkansas
                1952 Commander 2 door. Really fine 259.
                1952 2R pickup

Comment

If he where to cut his price about in half he would be priced where it should be and would most likely sell.

Comment

My feelings also.....
                    Originally posted by swvalcon View Post
                    If he where to cut his price about in half he would be priced where it should be and would most likely sell.
                    Lou Van Anne
                    62 Champ
                    64 R2 GT Hawk
                    79 Avanti II

Comment

Usually I lean towards the lower end of the value scale compared to some here. Excepting the glass fenders (that will never rust), all the non-factory items are very easily found and replaced at a nominal cost. You'd have to dig deep for the interior to be right, but you might find a very nice set of used GT Hawk insides for a reasonable price since there are a boatload of GT's around. Paint is paint for this vintage Stude... Though I don't think this car would compete with some of the very nice original or restored samples out there(or justify a full $$$ restoration)...... it is a 64', currently tagged, driving, and ahead of a lot of similarly listed Hawks with ridiculous pricing. You'd need to eyeball this car in person, for sure. But unless there's significant rust (out) in this SW car....$5K looks OK from here (Mass)

Comment

Working...
                      X