Needed 54-66 front brakes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Needed 54-66 front brakes

With all the advice I have received it looks like I need to find a set of 54-66 front brake setups for a Commander, V8 car. Need backing plates, guts and drums. Anyone have this set up? I have the rear.
    Jim
    51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
    53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
    62 Volvo PV544 Sport

I expect John Kroulik could fix you up. And Chuck Collins has relined shoes and new wheel cylinders and springs.
    Gord Richmond, within Weasel range of the Alberta Badlands

Comment

Jim, I may have a complete setup. PM or email me.
      Howard - Los Angeles chapter SDC
      '53 Commander Starliner (Finally running and driving, but still in process)
      '56 Golden Hawk (3 speed/overdrive, Power steering - Running, but not yet driving)
      '58 Packard Hawk. A partially restored car that was not completely assembled.

Comment

Jim, I have a complete set for the front as I changed over to disc brakes for my '62 Hawk. Cost is REAL reasonable. 918-647- 9988 and leave message. Chet

Comment

If you'll drive the Volvo out to the house I'll give you the backing plates. I'm in south gilbert.
          Deal is off if your in a brand X.
          Russ

UOTE=lelshaddai;1096367]With all the advice I have received it looks like I need to find a set of 54-66 front brake setups for a Commander, V8 car. Need backing plates, guts and drums. Anyone have this set up? I have the rear.
          Jim[/QUOTE]

Russ Shop Foreman \"Rusty Nut Garage\"
          53 2R6 289 5SpdOD (driver)
          57 SH (project)
          60 Lark VIII 2dr sd (driver)

Comment

Don't know what your time frame is, but I'm going to install a disc brake conversion onto a 64 Daytona, V8 car that has 11" front drums. Not sure of the condition of anything, as I bought it as a parts car for another I'm building.
            Located in North Phoenix, near Cave Creek. Pretty sure we can work something out.
            sigpic1966 Daytona (The First One)
            1950 Champion Convertible
            1950 Champion 4Dr
            1955 President 2 Dr Hardtop
            1957 Thunderbird

Comment

I have a complete set in near new condition from the bearings out off a 1963 V8 Lark. Unfortunately the shipping would be a killer from my place in Alberta to Arizona. I am sure you will find something closer.

Comment

Working...
              X