Blinkers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electrical: Blinkers

Is there any easy way to change the left blinker bulb on a 56 Golden Hawk, everything seems to be in the way under the dash to get your hand on the bulb.

To be clear, you are inquiring about the telltale turn signal marker light on the dash, not the front or rear turn signal itself, correct?
    Brad Johnson,
    SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
    Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
    '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
    '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

There is no easy way to get at any of the bulbs behind the instrument panel. I've always had to crawl under the panel on my back and then reach up behind the panel to get at the bulbs. The job would probably be easier if the seat was removed, but that is just as big of a PITA to do. Bud

Comment

It is not a task for a guy who has trouble finding gloves large enough. You don't happen to known a pituitary dwarf who is a mechanic?? What always happens is you dislodge 2 or 3 other wires tring to get it in there. I have a super long needle nose pliers that sometimes works. Also have a superlong needlenose Vicegrip pliers that I have not tried on a bulb socket yet; seems too easy to damage it.

Comment

Sorry I would have answered sooner but I have been busy. Yes I am talking about the blinkers under the dash. I can only hope that my hands will shrink to able to reach it. I can't imagine what the mechanics at the dealership did back in the day to change the bulb. Thanks for your replies.

Comment

Ya gotta drink a pint of "special" blinker fluid first. To limber yourself up of course.
            Bez Auto Alchemy
            573-318-8948
            http://bezautoalchemy.com

"Don't believe every internet quote" Abe Lincoln

Comment

Brad, would that be the "Irish type" or the "Kentucky type" ???? I sure would NOT want to drink the incorrect type, and have turn signals that act like they've been drinking or something! <G>

Jim
              "We can't all be Heroes, Some us just need to stand on the curb and clap as they go by" Will Rogers

We will provide the curb for you to stand on and clap!

Indy Honor Flight www.IndyHonorFlight.org

As of Veterans Day 2017, IHF has flown 2,450 WWII, Korean, and Vietnam Veterans to Washington DC at NO charge! to see
              their Memorials!

Comment

Remove the seat. That's the only way to work under the dash. Luckily, my GT has bucket seats, takes about 10 minutes to remove the driver seat and center console, less time than I've spent trying to contort my 74 year old body under the dash with the seat in the way. Then there's the recuperate time after wrenching my back......

Comment

When you are doing this , replace all bulbs under the dash ,so you do not have to worry about it for a long time.

Comment

Yeah. And use the new LED bulbs, brighten up your instruments, and never have to change them again in your lifetime!
                    Bill L.
                    1962 GT Hawk

Comment

Working...
                    X