ROADKILL - Studebaker Style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ROADKILL - Studebaker Style

Well now that the boys over at Roadkill may actually be making a comeback to the types of low-buck fun that started the series (judging from previous episodes at least) it may be time for them to consider a Stude. I managed to find quite the contestant - a 1959 Lark VIII with the 259 cu. V8. This, coupled together with a spectacular patina, would make for an adventure of gut-busting proportions!

Last edited by Stude Shoo-wop!; 02-13-2018, 04:00 PM.
    Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Looks like a good start on a fun car!
    Diesel loving, autocrossing, Coupe express loving, Grandpa Architect.

Comment

I thought someone here on the forum bought that car last year.

Comment

Is that the battery that is grounded to the rocker arm cover (yikes!)?
        Gary L.
        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Gary, Good eyes as I believe you are correct. Who does this stuff?
          Jake, why don't you email Dave Freiburger and see what happens? I'll bet he'd be a player for something truly different that most people have never even seen. Hell they spend that much just for an injection set up.
          Bill

Comment

The only problem with ROADKILL getting a hold of that Lark is that they tend to destroy the vehicles they deal with. My first Studebaker was a '59 Lark hardtop and I would love to have the resources to put the one shown here together as a road car. I believe touring in that car would be fantastic.
            Joe Roberts
            '61 R1 Champ
            '65 Cruiser
            Eastern North Carolina Chapter

Comment

I find it interesting that Roadkill does just about everything that would draw negative comments from any car Forum if the "average guy" did it. So, they seem to get a "pass" because they act on behalf of our darker side to do crazy things. Also the "make something out of nothing" aspect loses it charm when they dump $3,000 for parts in the middle of an intrepid journey just because they have to complete the show. Yea, I still watch the show and yea parts are amusing but frankly not ever party is enhanced when the same guy keeps getting drunk.

So, as far as Studebaker's on Roadkill..., be careful what you wish for.
              Last edited by wittsend; 02-14-2018, 10:36 AM.
              '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

These V8 Larks do drive and ride really well with plenty of pickup and decent gas mileage. I consider the Hard Top to be the best looking Lark of this first generation. It's in New Mexico and might have little to no rust issues. These 59' Hard Tops had low production numbers (under 5,000) and are getting harder to find. Why consider destroying it just for laughs?

Comment

I watched my first episode of this over the weekend. I probably won't watch another. Just not my cup of tea.
                  Ed Sallia
                  Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

Originally posted by T.J. lavallee View Post
                    These V8 Larks do drive and ride really well with plenty of pickup and decent gas mileage. I consider the Hard Top to be the best looking Lark of this first generation. It's in New Mexico and might have little to no rust issues. These 59' Hard Tops had low production numbers (under 5,000) and are getting harder to find. Why consider destroying it just for laughs?
                    15,071 1959 hardtops (both six and V8). Even at that, I would not want to see this car destroyed.
                    Gary L.
                    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Working...
                    X