Thread: James A. (Jake) Van Alstyne

President Member Colgate Studebaker's Avatar

James A. (Jake) Van Alstyne

James A. (Jim/Jake) Van Alstyne passed away of a massive heart attack February 12th 2018. His health had been in decline in recent months with several types of cancer diagnosis, and was just starting a chemotherapy regime. We knew the outlook was bleak and the heart attack was an unexpected ending, but it was quick and without a long painful fight. Born March 31, 1941, Jim lived a full life, loved his Studes and especially his '63 Avanti. Rest in Peace big brother, we'll all miss you.

Golden Hawk Member
    Sorry to hear this. His name sounds familiar, but I can't place it/him. My condolences to his family. It is hard to see all of these younger people dying.
    Gary L.
    Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
    Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Speedster Member
    Jake has been a friend for over 40 years. He will be missed by all. My condolences to all the family.
    james r pepper

I have just found out from this forum that SDC member James A. (Jake) Van Alstyne [March 31, 1941 -- February 12, 2018] passed away. If anyone out there can send me any pictures as well as information to my email address [crisitel@oit.rutgers.edu] I would appreciate it for the SDC Remembrance Project. Also, if you know of a link to an online obit would help. He is listed as from Colgate Wisconsin; not sure if he was in AOAI or not but he did own a 63 R2 Avanti. Peter C.

My condolences to you Bill, and to your family as well.

In the middle of MinneSTUDEa.