Progress on the 60 hawk restore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Progress on the 60 hawk restore

It was a good day in my shop yesterday. I finally got the main body prepped, and shot the final coat of primer. The other parts are done with epoxy, and I should get them in next week for their final coat. I plan to spray the color on the firewall, door jams, interior and trunk, then put the body back onto the chassis for assembly. Progress feels good, and hope to have the car finished in time for the trip to Tacoma.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_212949.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	56.3 KB
ID:	1757349Click image for larger version

Name:	20180211_213011.jpg
Size:	58.6 KB
ID:	1757350Sorry about the sideways photos. I tried everything to rotate them, but the upload puts them back on their side. Any tips on this are welcome.
    Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Nice, very nice. She will be a beauty when you geter done. You have a distinct advantage over most Studebaker owners is that you have the shop and the expertise/skill to turn out this quality of work. Cant wait to see it done.

Stuhawk

Comment

Thanks Stuhawk. Not so sure about the expertise, but I am determined to learn, by reading, and practicing the technique until I get it right. I am a mechanic by trade, so the chassis, and engine work went well. The metal work and welding, not too bad, but the paint and body, is all being learned as I go. I have sewn up a few practice panels for the upholstery, ( one door panel and one seat cover) and they look alright. Maybe not show quality, but something to sit on, and drive.
      Tom Senecal Not enough money or years to build all of the Studebakers that I think I can.

Comment

If it turns out like the work your doing on the body i'm betting it will be good as any. I wish I could have got my 61 done this way. did you also clean and paint the chassis and engine ? If so would you mind posting some pics. Would like to see them.

Comment

Well then this is a bit of a shock! I am glad to see a post Golden Hawk, pre GT Hawk get a full restoration. I would imagine this is the exception rather than the rule and as such I tip my hat off to you.
          Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

I've been busy getting the Hawk ready for its final paint. I finally got the color spayed, and yesterday, I sprayed the final clear coat. I still hope to have it finished for the trip to Tacoma. The mechanical is finished, so just need to cut and buff, then glass and interior. It will be a race to the finish line!Click image for larger version

Name:	20180610_170223.jpg
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	1721019Click image for larger version

Name:	20180610_091707.jpg
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	1721020Before clear coat, and after pictures. Tried everything to rotate them. Sorry, no luck.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	20160827_172528 (2).jpg
Size:	113.5 KB
ID:	1721021The frame was cleaned and painted with a two part ceramic coating, new spring, and A arm bushings, rear diff has new bearings and seals, new shocks, brakes, and steering components all new, Flightomatic is rebuilt, and engine is bored 60K over, with flat topped hypereutectic pistons, R1 cam, and aluminum timing gear. The rotating assembly was balanced, due to the much lighter pistons. The engine, and I are both ready for its first test drive!
              Last edited by tsenecal; 06-11-2018, 08:13 AM. Reason: add pictures

Comment

Awesome work! Can't wait to see it...
                sigpic1957 Goldenhawk

Keeping the passion alive

Comment

Working...
                X