This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by plwindish View Post
    Given the aging SDC population, the IM planners might want to rethink not providing a shuttle. 1.3 miles is not issue for me, but it will be for many.
    Agree, this could be a problem, even a deal breaker for many.

Comment

You mean people can't find a ride? I'll bet there will be plenty of Studebakers making the trip back and forth every day.
      Ed Sallia
      Dundee, OR

Sol Lucet Omnibus

Comment

"
        Yes, you CAN afford it, and we welcome your attendance at the meet. If your Studebaker does, indeed have a Japanese driveline, please, bring it to the meet and display your craftsmanship."

I do intend to bring my car to the event on Saturday for the "open car show", but I see no point in having it judged. I looked at the judging sheet for "Division 9" and it is just another concours judging sheet. There is nothing about how many points should be awarded for innovation, engineering, craftsmanship, or fabrication of the engine install, suspension, instrumentation, body modifications or anything else, only how many points can be deducted for things that are not perfect. Speaking as someone who has attended a fair number of car shows and done some judging, it is absurd to use the same judging criteria for custom cars and hot rods as for a concours event. I think it is reasonable to assume the winner in Divison 9 will be a nicely restored old Studebaker with a Chevy 350, probably installed with a bolt in kit.

Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
        See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

Funny, How many of you attended South Bend in 2017? Because if you did there were NO busses to the Fairgrounds because of the timing of the event, while school was in session. Some of us rented cars and others carpooled. Those staying at the La Quinta are the farthest away from Le Mays ACM. Lou Cote

Comment

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
            "
            Yes, you CAN afford it, and we welcome your attendance at the meet. If your Studebaker does, indeed have a Japanese driveline, please, bring it to the meet and display your craftsmanship."

I do intend to bring my car to the event on Saturday for the "open car show", but I see no point in having it judged. I looked at the judging sheet for "Division 9" and it is just another concours judging sheet. There is nothing about how many points should be awarded for innovation, engineering, craftsmanship, or fabrication of the engine install, suspension, instrumentation, body modifications or anything else, only how many points can be deducted for things that are not perfect. Speaking as someone who has attended a fair number of car shows and done some judging, it is absurd to use the same judging criteria for custom cars and hot rods as for a concours event. I think it is reasonable to assume the winner in Divison 9 will be a nicely restored old Studebaker with a Chevy 350, probably installed with a bolt in kit.

http://www.sdcmeet.com/Content/Docs/...IV_8_AND_9.pdf
            48skyliner,

To the contrary, The judging standard ARE different for Class 8 & 9 Studebakers, and they are not subject to the same criteria. Take a look at the judging criteria for Class 8 & 9 here: http://studebakerdriversclub.com/doc...etDIV8AND9.pdf and you will note the differences. If you'd like to take a look at the manual for judging, go here: http://studebakerdriversclub.com/doc...licyManual.pdf .

Having it judged is totally up to you, but I'll guarantee you that we will treat your car with the same respect we treat all other Studebakers with. I, too, am the owner of 3 modified Studebakers, a 1939 Coupe Express, a 1941 Commander Sedan Coupe, and a 1954 Champion Coupe, all Chevrolet powered.

I hope you will consider bringing your Studebaker to Tacoma August 29-31, September 1 to see your innovations, and enjoy the fun the Pacific Northwest has.

Denny Foust, For the SDC International Meet Committee

studeguy54@verizon.net

Comment

Working...
            X