This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tacoma meet itinerary

Has any details of the meet itinerary been published yet? I want to make plans for the meet and would like events and times.
    james r pepper

http://www.sdcmeet.com/Home/Agenda
    Mark Hayden
    '66 Commander

Comment

Any Tacoma area viewers that can tell how far of a walk it is from the La Quinta to the Tacoma Dome? Looking on Google Maps doesn't really help me. If we have to drive.. what parking is available... for what price?

Comment

Deaf Mute: The distance is about 1.3 miles via E25th St., or about 30min walk. There are a lack of good sidewalks along other routes which are slightly shorter. Sorry I don't know any of the particulars regarding parking.
        Last edited by fatboylust; 02-09-2018, 01:28 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I can walk it, but I know several SDC members that would have a difficult time.

Comment

I'll be darned if I can find it now, but I am almost certain I read somewhere that there would be shuttles running between the three hotels.

Am I nuts, or does anyone else remember that?

Wait, maybe don't answer that first question....
            StudeDave '57
            US Navy (retired)

3rd Generation Stude owner/driver
            SDC Member since 1985

past President
            Whatcom County Chapter SDC
            San Diego Chapter SDC

past Vice President
            San Diego Chapter SDC
            North Florida Chapter SDC

Comment

I have spent too much time searching through the event posting,and I cannot find any clues about what it costs to enter, display a car, etc. Is this one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it? I would also have to join SDC, and I don't know what that would cost either. I would be willing to drive down to Tacoma and spend the day there so people could see my car, but I have no interest in having it judged - I am not naive enough to think a Studebaker with a Japanese drive train would win a trophy at any car show, and certainly not this one.
              Trying to build a 48 Studebaker for the 21st century.
              See more of my projects at stilettoman.info

Comment

48skyliner there is a judging class for Studebakers not powered by Studebaker, there is a $10 fee to display your car in the "Display Area" for the duration of the meet. As I understand your permitted to take the car out and about at your discretion. There is an open car show as well on Saturday Sept 1st from 9Am to 2PM with setup from 8AM to 9AM. I don't believe there is a fee for the Open Car Show.

I recall that the work on your car is exceptional and I look forward to the chance to see it. The first attached link is the registration form with the fees ect. The second is the agenda. Hope this helps.

Comment

48 Skyliner- please drop by at least for the day.

Comment

The walk is short enough that we will NOT be providing shuttle service to it.

Comment

Dave, I believe you may be mistaken, as there is no plan, right now, to transport registrants to/from the hotels.

Comment

Originally posted by studeguy54 View Post
                        The walk is short enough that we will NOT be providing shuttle service to it.
                        If we are talking 1.3 miles, I'm pretty sure there are a lot of our members who would have a difficult time with that short of a walk. Just my 2 cents.

Comment

Originally posted by 48skyliner View Post
                          I have spent too much time searching through the event posting,and I cannot find any clues about what it costs to enter, display a car, etc. Is this one of those things where if you have to ask, you probably can't afford it? I would also have to join SDC, and I don't know what that would cost either. I would be willing to drive down to Tacoma and spend the day there so people could see my car, but I have no interest in having it judged - I am not naive enough to think a Studebaker with a Japanese drive train would win a trophy at any car show, and certainly not this one.
                          48skyliner, the meet information is now available at www.sdcmeet.com. Registration fees, schedule, times, events are available there. Membership in SDC is available at http://studebakerdriversclub.com/join.asp, and well worth the $24 first year membership in SDC.

Yes, you CAN afford it, and we welcome your attendance at the meet. If your Studebaker does, indeed have a Japanese driveline, please, bring it to the meet and display your craftsmanship.

Comment

1.3 miles, no shuttle, and the average SDC people are how old??? Whatsmatta wit youse guys???

Comment

Given the aging SDC population, the IM planners might want to rethink not providing a shuttle. 1.3 miles is not issue for me, but it will be for many.
                              sigpic[SIGPIC]

Comment

Working...
                              X