Thread: Electric conversions of older cars

Electric conversions of older cars

Nice pic of an Avanti...
    The only difference between death and taxes is that death does not grow worse every time Congress convenes. - Will Rogers

Like a lot of media, these days, I suppose you have to write something to justify getting paid. Every car I own is electric. Can't operate a single one without electricity.
    John Clary
    Greer, SC
    [IMG][/IMG]
    SDC member since 1975

I had a Camaro that was electric. It would be fully charged in 45 seconds, as I recall with the Juice Machine. Even a Tesla doesn't recharge that fast!!

Craig

President Member
    Ok, replicas, fine. Basketcases, WHY? In the end I'd think that there is a limit on the number of "Replicas" that a manufacture can build and then all the current crashworthiness applies. And, in the end you still have the age old battery weight/space with lead acid or the cost of lithium. I'm sure the author can find a basket case Avanti out there to "kick-start" this idea..., with his own money.

I have the whole electic car motor, controller, charger out of an Electrica 007. https://barnfinds.com/dodging-electr...electrica-007/ It has sat for well over 10 years now simply because $2,000 for lead acid batteries (estimated every 2 years) is more that the once a month $35 fill up I do with my gas car. I only paid $105 for everything as a hedge against $4.50 gas. I guess one day I'll have to take it down in the bunker next to my "Jim Baker Food Buckets." LOL
    Last edited by wittsend; 02-05-2018 at 05:08 PM.
    '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.