removing starter from'63 Lark 6cylinder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other: removing starter from'63 Lark 6cylinder

Finaly getting around to replacing the clutch in my '63 Lark 6cylinder stick with od. Unbolted the starter, very tight place. I can only move the starter a very short distance foreward to clear the bell housing. Problem is, the starter hits the distributor, just seems to be to tight to move the starter foreward. Do I have to remove the distributor for clearance as there just seems to be no room to remove the starter. Thanks, Arnie

You shouldn't have to. Is the one bolt causing you to move it so far forward? Once you clear that bolt, you can easily move it around and get it out of there, but pushing that bolt to the rear should make this possible.
    Ron Dame
    '63 Champ

Comment

In some cases the starter drive is still "out" in the flywheel and along with the mounting bolts not being pushed back thie will cause problems. Luck Doofus

Comment

You should be able to get it out. It takes just the right amount of twist and lift;,once you figure it out it won't be too bad at all. First time I did not think there was any way to get that stupid thing out of there but now it only takes a few minutes.

Comment

Sometimes when you have an aftermarket exhaust there is a clearance problem

Comment

Originally posted by rkapteyn View Post
            Sometimes when you have an aftermarket exhaust there is a clearance problem
            There would be no exhaust system on the starter side of a OHV six in a 63 Lark.

Comment

Working...
            X