How to Post Photos on the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buzzard View Post
    Does all this apply for "stovehuggers" as I haven't had success there.
    Bill
    Stove huggers requires that you use an outside posting service like Imgur. I've switched to it from Photobucket. If you use Imgur the transfer is easy as you just copy the photo you want and paste it in the area in the site "insert image" icon. Chose URL and you post it there. A word of caution, when you add pictures to Imgur, chose 480X640 or close for image size. Small is well- too small and larger is way to big.

For the windows folks ctrl-c to copy, ctrl-v to paste. No reason you can't use this procedure in all the forum posts.

Pretty much what Jeff said above.

Bob

Comment

Originally posted by JLB View Post
      Where do I find the "add photo icon"? I looked, but I didn't see it.
      When I make a reply, the space on top of the message box has several icons, and 4th from the right end is a tree in a window. I click on that.

Comment

Originally posted by COMMANDERPINK1 View Post
        My next question would be how come my images are not large full screen size?
        There is a SDC size limit if you don't use an outside picture hosting service. When you post pictures through the SDC site you are storing the image on their server. When someone comes to the site and sees your post the picture is derived from the SDC site.

When you use an outside picture hosting service this web site needs only a small link that goes out to and retrieves the image from the host service server. Hence they store on their server your much larger file size picture, not the SDC server. It is all about the cost to store the images. It is the reason why SDC stored images are typically smaller.
        '64 Lark Type, powered by '85 Corvette L-98 (carburetor), 700R4, - CASO to the Max.

Comment

I don't see it. I don't even see a message box.

Comment

What many people don't understand is there are many of us that are not computer literate and don't understand the terminology. When it comes to computers it all greek to me. I don't post here often as I have never been able to figure out how to post pictures because the first thing that is asked for is pictures.

Jerry Kurtz

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
              You guys make it sound so complicated. Four clicks maximum and I'm done.
              Click add photo icon, click browse, select file, click upload file. BOOM!

EXACTLY!! This is the easiest forum to post pics on that I've encountered. I just don't know why it turns a lot of my pics upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by E. Davis View Post
                How did you post on this thread? In the message box; to post pics, click the picture of a tree and follow the choices available.

Comment

Where do you see all these things to click on? They are not on my screen.

Comment

Making small attachments BIG

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                    You guys make it sound so complicated. Four clicks maximum and I'm done.
                    Click add photo icon, click browse, select file, click upload file. BOOM!
                    Yes, there is a simple way, but uploading pictures to the forum leave them in small icon fashion.

I like to post them a bit larger as some don't know to click on the picture to expand them.

When posting your own photos from the web, there is one simple thing you need to know.
                    Put the URL between the image identifier..

HTML Code:
                    [img] ... [/img]
                    Most photo hosting service will format this image URL in the "img" format.

So, If you look at this post of mine..

Originally posted by SScopelli View Post
                    Sold Sold Sold!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0975.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.4 KB
ID:	1718016

Here is the HTML for the post..

HTML Code:
                    Sold Sold Sold! 

[img]http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69837&d=1516404199[/img]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]69837[/ATTACH]
                    You can view anyone's HTML in their post by clicking "Reply With Quote"

I have uploaded a picture to the Forum, see
                    HTML Code:
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]69837[/ATTACH]
                    each attachment will get a unique number..

When you go to advance, and preview post, it will show the small Icon, that you can click on and it will expand..

Right click on the expanded picture and select, "Open image in a new tab"

Once It opens the image in a new tab, go to that tab and copy that URL..

Once you copy that URL you have to put it between the

HTML Code:
                    [img] [/img] as in 

[img]http://forum.studebakerdriversclub.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=69837&d=1516404199[/img]

Click on "Preview Post" and it will refresh your new changes.

Name:	2018-01-25 12_48_40-How to Post Photos on the Forum - Reply to Topic.jpg
Size:	18.0 KB
ID:	1718105

Name:	2018-01-25 12_51_23-attachment.php (1024×768).jpg
Size:	5.9 KB
ID:	1718106
                    Last edited by SScopelli; 01-25-2018, 12:28 PM.

Comment

I just read your message, so I now click on "Reply With Quote", so you and everyone else reading this knows to whom I'm replying.
                      As soon as I click on "Reply" or "Reply With Quote", I will see the message box and icons on the top of this message box, including the tree, which is 4th from the right on my computer.

BTW, when it comes to computers, I am as dumb as a box of rocks, because I never had them back when I was in school. I like to have someone showing me in person how to do things, but sometimes just by dumb luck I can figure it out, or at least with someone's help by posting the directions.

Comment

Originally posted by TWChamp View Post
                        I just read your message, so I now click on "Reply With Quote", so you and everyone else reading this knows to whom I'm replying.
                        As soon as I click on "Reply" or "Reply With Quote", I will see the message box and icons on the top of this message box, including the tree, which is 4th from the right on my computer.

BTW, when it comes to computers, I am as dumb as a box of rocks, because I never had them back when I was in school. I like to have someone showing me in person how to do things, but sometimes just by dumb luck I can figure it out, or at least with someone's help by posting the directions.
                        I have tried "reply", "reply with quote" and "go advanced" and I do not see any "icons on the top of the message box."
                        Gary L.
                        Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                        Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

I don't see any either. Maybe my system is too obsolete or I am but there is nothing there. I guess I don't have any pictures to send anyway and probably not worth the frustration if I did.

Comment

I don't see any either. Maybe my system is too obsolete or I am but there is nothing there. I guess I don't have any pictures to send anyway and probably not worth the frustration if I did.
                            My computer is less than one year old and is running Windows 10. I do not think that is why you and I do not see the referenced icons.
                            Gary L.
                            Wappinger, NY

SDC member since 1968
                            Studebaker enthusiast much longer

Comment

Its not hard.

When you want to post a picture from your computer just click on the "Go Advanced" block in the lower right. It will open up a box called "other options" . One of those options is "manage attachments". Click on it and it gives you the option to browse your pictures. You then select the picture you want by clicking on it and then click on
                              "upload" and it will be in your post.

So to make it short --1. Go advanced, 2. Manage Attachments, 3. Browse to pick your picture, 4. Upload

I had to add the picture of Ken Voight's one and only 35 Dictator Coupe Express.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Third image from the right in the header in the area between the gray/green lines.

Name:	Screenshot 2018-01-25 at 6.06.29 PM.jpg
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	1718109

Comment

Working...
                                X