How to Post Photos on the Forum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Post Photos on the Forum

The current instructions on How to Post Photos on the Forum are ancient and give some incorrect information. This is how I currently post photos.

1. Assuming you have clicked "Post New Thread", type in your message, then skip a line so your cursor is on the next line, or leave a space if you wish. 2. Scroll down to "Manage Attachments", and a box will open called "File Upload Manager" 3.Click "Add Files" 4. Click "Upload files from your computer" 5. Click "Choose File" which will take you to your computer. 6. Go to the files you have stored your photo, such as C;/Users/Your Name/Pictures/Studebakers, etc. and click on the photo. 7. In that "Window", click "Open" 7.Click "Upload" This will place your photo in a file on the forum allowing you to add many other photos. 8. Enter it in your post by clicking in the small box to the lower right on your photo then: 9. Drag your photo (or photos) to the window below your photos on the forum window. 10. Click "Insert Inline", which will enter your photo in your post. You can drag the photos in the order you wish them to be displayed in your post.

If this is a "Reply", you will have to scroll down to "Go Advanced" to post your photo, then click "Manage Attachments". If you want to leave a link to a photo or article on the internet, you must highlight it by holding down the touchpad or mouse button, click "save" on your computer, then "paste" it on your post. In the past, many used, and the Forum recommended Photobucket, but now they charge for your photo storage membership, and only paid Photobucket members can view your photo(s) on the Forum. However, "Flicker" is still free, and works just like Photobucket, but maybe even better. The following is my "Signature" as posted on Flicker, just as an example if you want to post a large photo.

DSC07581 by jnfweber
    Last edited by jnfweber; 01-24-2018, 01:43 PM.
    sigpic
    Jack, in Montana

I post pictures on all kinds of on line yard sales, forums, craigs list, and many others without all the hassle it takes to post on this forum. I have tried several times and finally gave up. We need to take a lesson from other venues and make posting pictures much simpler as they have. Its too big of a fight for me but then again I'm not all that computer savvy like the young guys.

Comment

You guys make it sound so complicated. Four clicks maximum and I'm done.
      Click add photo icon, click browse, select file, click upload file. BOOM!
      Brad Johnson,
      SDC since 1975, ASC since 1990
      Pine Grove Mills, Pa.
      '33 Rockne 10, '51 Commander Starlight. '53 Commander Starlight
      '56 Sky Hawk in process

Comment

I agree that it seems quite easy. I click on the icon of the tree in the window, and it says "insert image". When I click on that I can then browse my computer, where I search in "pictures" and click on the picture I want, then click on "upload".

Click image for larger version

Name:	1953 Champion Starliner 2.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	1718090

Comment

I'm with E. Davis. I've been trying to post a pic for going on 3 years and I haven't been successful yet. Always the advice is to get your 10 year old grand kid to show you how, but my son just got married in June and nothing yet. Maybe I have to wait until 2029?

Comment

I use PostImage. You store your pics there. All I have to do is copy and paste the hot link for forums from the folder and it is posted. 2 clicks Max. Here is pic from my 51 Commander folder. Took about 20 seconds to put it in.

51 Studebaker Starlight State Commander Coupe
            53 Studebaker Starlight Regal Commander Coupe
            62 Volvo PV544 Sport

Comment

If you house your photos on an online location, it is a simple matter of copying and pasting the URL in your post with "img" and "/img" on either side...

Photo below is from the Zone Meet in Gettysburg, PA in 2011, of a sub 12K original Avanti...

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2016 FTOct.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.3 KB
ID:	1718096
                Have always had trouble as well on posting pictures here, will also agree that other sites seem easier. It took me three times just now. Same effort but the image appeared at the last effort???
                sigpic

Comment

My next question would be how come my images are not large full screen size?
                  sigpic

Comment

It's even much easier on the AOAI forum [ aoai.org/forums ] Just click on any photo from a window on your computer or desktop, drag it into the space at the bottom of your postings, do the same for other photos, or all at one time, and press "Submit". Your're done! Your photos are full size, up to the maximum allowed, which is pretty big.
                    Lew Schucart
                    Editor, Avanti Magazine

Comment

As Posts #1 and #3 say, it is SO easy, I don't see how anyone could miss if they simply follow post #1 instructions.

Everyone should have their photos Filed in Folders with good names in a manner that makes it easy for you find on the "C" Drive.
                      Then if they have been saved in an acceptable format like the universally accepted: .jpg, there is no reason why they would not work, if they are within the size limit.
                      StudeRich
                      Second Generation Stude Driver,
                      Proud '54 Starliner Owner
                      SDC Member Since 1967

Comment

Yes, the image posting intruction page needs a small update
                        (Just remove Photobucket as the recommended picture host site)

But the instructions are still good if you use another site like Imgur, or one of the others....

But basically.....
                        If you use the method that post's from your own hard drive, and uploading your pic's directly to the SDC forum,
                        it uses SDC forum web space (ie: $$$).
                        So the pic size is clipped.

If you post from a 3rd party site (ie: Imgur), there is no space required from the SDC site, so your size is your choice (as well as screen size).

If you get stuck, and can't find what you need in the sticky...
                        You probably would be better off sending a PM to a pic posting crazed forum member and get together to exchange methodology.
                        HTIH (Hope The Info Helps)

Jeff

Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Note: SDC# 070190 (and earlier...)

Comment

Did this work?

Trying to post picture. Sorry not a Studebaker
                          Attached Files
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by rockne10 View Post
                            You guys make it sound so complicated. Four clicks maximum and I'm done.
                            Click add photo icon, click browse, select file, click upload file. BOOM!
                            Where do I find the "add photo icon"? I looked, but I didn't see it.

Comment

Does all this apply for "stovehuggers" as I haven't had success there.
                              Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X