Cars of Dreams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cars of Dreams

I believe previously posted about 7 years ago so time for a revisit.

I went to a local winter car show yesterday. Lots of cars, the usual gorgeous sbc powered Fords and tri-five Chevys, a '50s Buick that actually had a Buick nailhead motor, some cool rat rods but only one real Studebaker, a 2R pickup. Some old school dragsters including a funny car with a plastic body reminiscent of a "C" Stude, some very cool bikes etc. The show was mostly attended by us old guys dreaming about the "good old days" when those were the cars we bought for pocket change and spent weekends combing the junkyards searching for parts to keep 'em running and spent hours "customizing" them with Bondo and rattle cans. Many nostalgic memories of "cruisin' the drag", driving to to lake with your girl, midnight drag races and so on. Saw a lot of old geezers my age riding on their shiny customized Jazzy mobility scooters. The young'uns will never know what those cars meant to us, they don't have airbags or connectivity or self braking or blind spot warnings....or comfort of today's cars. We had to know how to drive without all that stuff. Ah, the good old days! I think I'll go out and shine up my Jazzy scooter and put 'er on the charger for a while..?.

Comment

This guy is selling 140 cars at B-J Palm Springs. Buys and sells, buys and sells.
      Tim-'53 Starlight Commander Custom in Yuma, AZ
      jimsrodshop.com/project/53-resurrection

Comment

I remember visiting Mr. Staluppi’s “Cars of Dreams” for a charity event not more than a year ago with my father. There were some neat cars there, but the one that really stood out was a 1957 Desoto Adventurer. Also, there were whole SECTIONS dedicated to each nameplate. It was wild with dancing, singing, and the usual drunken debauchery going on among the guests!
        Jake Robinson Kaywell: Shoo-wops and doo-wops galore to the background of some fine Studes. I'm eager and ready to go!

1962 GT Hawk - "Daisy-Mae" - she came dressed to kill in etherial green with a charming turquoise inside. I'm hopelessly in love!

Comment

Originally posted by Stude Shoo-wop! View Post
          Also, there were whole SECTIONS dedicated to each nameplate.
          I'm assuming, there was no Student section,"though?

Mark
          sigpic

S2Deluxe = (5H - C3).

Comment

Working...
          X